What Is Going On In San Diego?

Personally, if not SF I would love to live in San Diego…

I am more interested in LA. I heard their Chinese food kicks our NorCal butt…

It is interesting they would go down there. You would think it would be LA or San Francisco because there are already substantial Chinese populations there. There are not many Chinese in San Diego. Also, San Francisco is a “sanctuary” city so if they are caught there they would not be deported.

Ok, that oasis down South wants their damn engineers back!!!

Yeah but they are too smart to believe the lie…In fact it costs more for them to live there, the traffic is horrible, and they neglect to mention the June Gloom…Nice place to visit but would you want to live there?

Well, if I recall correctly, I got knocked for saying SF is better than San Diego. San Diego would be in my top 10 for places to live in. Your South Lake Tahoe propaganda is starting to get to me, why not live there in retirement? Wife loves snow in the winter time…

I plan on visiting San Diego soon, will give a review…Neighbors from Redwood City just moved there…I was amazed how expensive rents are…They couldn’t find a place they liked for less than $5k…Looking forward to staying with them and checking out the sights…Been there a couple of times before years ago…We visit San Clemente often…My favorite beach town in Socal…

Btw, the great thing about retiring from the BA is you afford to live in both Tahoe and San Diego…A lot of our friends in Tahoe are from Socal and many live in both places. …Often when they get into their 80s they sell in Tahoe and plan on dying in San Diego…warmer weather and better health care…The last time I spent some time in San Diego my mom was treated at UC San Diego…it was the only place in the US that could handle her case…
Kind of fits the San Diego stereotype. .full of retired people and military

1 Like

It has been years ago and it was more San Diego proper that I went down there for a wedding but I think the general area is quite nice. Weather is probably pretty ideal year round. I am not a golfer, but I am sure La Jolla and some of the neighboring cities are very nice places to live in. Yeah, can’t be cheap. You mind as well go to your Cabo for that…

My friends moved there partly because they can drive 5 hrs to their house in Sen Felipe Mexico…much warmer in the winter than San Diego…dirt cheap but still not worth it…Good fishing and golf though

Why??? Sounds good… Not safe?

The developer where they live went bankrupt. .Plus the town of San Felipe has few amenities. .too small, no commercial flights…It is pretty dead there…Cabo is ten times better and only a 2 hr flight from San Diego …Plus although the water is warm year round, it is green water…Runoff from the Colorado. …Pure desert, no trees…just rocks and sand. …

Pretty low rent place

This says it all…more like a bay than ocean water…

the morning the tide is out as far as a mile in certain places. As the morning goes on the tide comes in and the water activities begin. Later in the evening the water goes out again.
This part of the Sea of Cortez is the perfect place for kids to go swimming. There really arent any waves in the summer which is good and bad. Its good because i know the kids will be safe but the water gets so warm that you dont get too much relief from the heat.
There is a strong scent of fish in the early mornings but you do get used to it and soon you wont even realize its there.

I am still planning on moving to San Diego next summer when I retire. I am looking at Chula Vista, the last city before the Mexican border. By then the wall will be built and it will be a great tourist’s attraction.:astonished:

1 Like

Great Wall of Mexico or America? Are they asking China for advice on how to build Great Walls cheaply?

I would watch the market carefully …The Trump effect could a be major impact on border town prices…It is already a huge pain to cross the border…It will only get worse…And Tijuana is a major player in San Diego’s economy. …If he enforces his immigration policy there will be riots and huge losses in RE values in border towns…

The wall is going to huuuuge…well at least metaphorically

Talks of wall and protectionism already hit Mexico economy hard. The irony is that if the Mexican economy goes to the toilet more people will take the risks and come here for jobs. Back in 2010 when our economy was lying flat, the inflow turns into outflow.

Boom times apparently…

Makes perfect sense…

At the office we were helping this family with some financial problems in that town. Out of nowhere, we dug into their house information. They bought it during the peak of the last recession, no equity yet. About $200K.