What is the discount on someone died in a home? Why?

Most people won’t die if they wake them at 4am. Instead they would go on to live another 30 years

How does chinese and indian buyers look at buying these homes for primary?
50k discount or 20k?
Was looking at few homes for flips with natural death. Both homes moved fast.

Exactly what causes of death does one prevent by simply waking up?

I will kill anyone who wakes me up at 4am.

3 Likes

This is a funn thread…

1 Like

Bump. @Jil’s original question was about discount. Focus!

1 Like

Give it to me at a 20% discount whenever, whever…I had a house that is haunted…Now that is scarier than just someone dying peacefully like my mom…Her maid found her, refused to come back…definitely was afraid of ghosts…

We are Chinese and we put in an offer for a house last year where someone died (peacefully in bed). We found out that one person decided not to put in an offer because of this. There were still around 7 offers and the sold price did not reflect any discount.

I have a friend who would not put an offer on a house when someone died in it. I think this may affect the interest level in the house, but would not affect the price, if natural peaceful death. For suicide or murders, that’s a whole different story.

thanks for the insight. So cannot generalize if its a bigger sentiment among any group. Indians/my friends I can tell wouldnt put offers for natural death as well, unless very desparate. My sample might be limited.

I think this sediment is more common in the Asian community. However, I’ve been told that if they have lived a long and happy life and died peacefully in bed, it is a good fortune! At least this is what I tell myself to justify buying a house with a death :slight_smile:.

Also, the normal disclosure period is 3 years, so there could have been another death in the house but was not disclosed.

When not disclosed/you dont know/ its a good thing. you dont know what you dont know.

When I was a kid I loved old houses…The older the better…More charm and history…The older the house the more chance of deaths on the property…Since 1989 I have lived in new homes I built…In the last 5 years I have been buying old houses in Tahoe…Now I never want an old house ever again…too much work…Too many ghosts??

So did you see or encounter anything in those old homes?

Come on!!! :laughing:

My wife has a friend who is a Russian witch…She said one house was haunted…She said he was a good ghost…Just watching out for the house he built…She said he liked me because I took care of the place…I could feel him, too, even before she said it…Gave me the creeps…I plan on haunting the last house I live in…Going to keep an eye on my wife’s future boyfriends…lol

3 Likes