What's your monthly amazon expenses?

Ok, I guess you can count me in as an Amazon disciple now…

The gas cooktop at the SB home was shot, so if you guys know anything about appliances, they are pricey (not as cheap as stand alones, generally speaking) and then to find out that most big box stores have NO freaking inventory. “Sir, you will have to order X and it will be here in Y days.” OMG, while I get it that holding inventory of appliances that depreciate over time is no longer the strategy, I was still surprised that no one had a decent priced cooktop for the interim (before I move in and gut the house) that I could just take home. Well, then I saw The Light. I went on Amazon and low and behold there were cooktops that were fairly reasonably priced. It technically came last week but I didn’t want to blow up the house so I had my contractor put it in. Believe me, I was worried that there was going to be a problem with it and I would have to haul it back to the post office or somewhere to return it. Maybe since it is a glass top that it would be completely smashed or that the igniters would not work. But, no!!! Cooktop worked well, almost too well. I bought the extended warranty which was what 30 bucks. Worth every dime.

Ok, so what is the big deal with Prime membership???

Free 2-day shipping on most things. Plus, there are video and music services. It’s a pretty good deal.

1 Like

Ok, the free and fast shipping is getting my attention mostly…

Big deal(for Amazon) with Prime membership is Amazon knows people who have prime membership tend to spend much more than people who do not.

1 Like

So is it kinda like with Costco memberships where Costco knows you will end up buying more junk after going for the loss leader items?

kinda… btw I get 4x cashback back from Costco… so, my membership costs zilch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, but did you really need that huge bag of tortilla chips???:grinning:

1 Like

How do you get 4x cashback? Their card is only 2x.

4x of my annual membership fee

1 Like

I got laughed at for not having prime membership, but my YTD purchase from Amazon is $3.72. Sorry not a customer.

Actually, you’re right about that cashback. I believe I have racked up a few hundred dollars in cashback year to date from all that remodeling expenses. That Chase card that I used to use primarily is dying in my wallet…

There’s more room for growth!

1 Like

Costco is cheap/relatively inexpensive though and stores great quality stuff.

E.g. Fever tree ginger beer is $14.99 for 12x9.3oz bottles for delicious Moscow Mule.
At total wine it’s 75% higher.

Small sampling, I know, but once you become a big time rental property owner you may find Amazon indispensable. The two day shipping of practically anything, and at a presumably competitive price (if you done your research) could be very helpful. I mean, damn, I ordered a stove essentially online. Who would have thunk it? (Yes, you are special, but I am a newb)…

Ah, you hit a subject dear to me: ginger beer. Now, I did try that brand from Costco but honestly what is better to me is Bundaberg Ginger Beer. Love. It.

1 Like

will check it out next time.

1 Like

We started to get discount at whole foods with prime membership.

1 Like