When do you repaint the house?

I think I’ll stick with off-white. But thanks for the tip :slight_smile:

Maybe I could greige the outside and have it change with the seasons :slight_smile:

I kinda like the coloring scheme here. The blue door is cute.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francisco/10-Quartz-Way-94131/home/1057137

1 Like

I really like the contrast with the white trim as well. I’m kind of partial to a bluish gray… This is the kind of thing I’ve been thinking:

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 3.53.12 PM

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 3.53.21 PM

Although my front doors are wooden. I don’t know if I’d replace them or not. Maybe so…

I do worry about it being too hot in the summer though. So maybe the lighter side of blue?

Bottom half is stucco, upper half has siding. I don’t know if that would require a more complex paint design. Right now upper and bottom halves are same color.

Alabaster exterior.

Isn’t this New England style? Reminds me of houses in Maine.

1 Like

There’s a house near where I live which is very similar to what you posted, stucco mixed with siding - grayish blue. I love it. Bummed that my house can’t look like this.

1 Like

yeah, new england style would be close.

Interesting… Maybe? To be honest, nothing I lived near in Boston was painted that nicely, but perhaps it’s a Cape Cod kinda thing.

1 Like

Dark blue and gray are in. But they fade and show stains. I prefer light gray blue or yellow.

1 Like

If you want to repaint your house, you should choose a color that you really like. If you want to be trendy you can choose from the ones that are poping this year. You can choose from tones of yellow, light browns, rich greens and different shades of orange. These colors are beautiful and can make your home look cozy and welcoming no matter the shade you go for. You can combine these colors as you want, no matter you want to have them on your walls or decoration

Since Teo revived this, should I replace the wood siding when I repaint?

Also, @elt1 or anyone know if when the paint is peeling and the wood is gray underneath - is that normal for first time peeling, or does that mean that someone didn’t take care of the wood prior to this?

And is that normal if someone primed?

Seems to be a theme in this house that they don’t know what primer is. Peeling latex on old glossy oil moulding and doors, and we’re wondering if they bothered

Peeling paint on your wooden trim and beadboard could indicate underlying issues such as moisture damage or rotting wood. If the paint is in good condition apart from the areas of peeling, touching up those areas may be a viable solution. However, if the paint is old and worn, repainting the entire house may be necessary to achieve a cohesive look and ensure the longevity of the new paint job.