Where Do You Stand On The Subject Of H-1B Visas?

@myo yes you can switch jobs but you loose ur number in the green card line and can’t stay once the 6 yr period is over.

Laws need to keep up to address this probelm, no one gives a damn because it is not a vote bank

1 Like

@RealEstatebull thank u

@Jane,

I thought your last post was fair and pretty objective. Is the system perfect? No. There will always be cases of abuse in any industry. Those in power or with the money always hold the cards and if you want to be here you have to play the game. That’s life. Honestly, I have a hard time feeling sorry for anyone making that kind of money on a visa when my ancestors came to the US and worked horrible jobs for pennies despite their backgrounds back home.

2 Likes

Shared your sentiments.

Shared your sentiments.

Benefits are worthwhile, stay. Otherwise, leave.

1 Like

First sentence is an assumption. Second sentence, you sound petty.

You are stating the obvious.
People are trying to fix the problem, not run away from it.

You’re asked me how I feel :slight_smile: Why you assume that I would run away and not stay? Did I say I view it as a problem?

@hanera @sfdragonboy

Seriously?? comparing with Ancestors?? you cant compare with what your and my ancestors went through. My dad biked for 30 miles a day one way for $5 a month salary when he started out. Dollars and opportunities are relative and apply to that particular situation.He wouldnt want me to go through the same.

Its sounding like Trump wanting to bring back coal mines and steel industry to the rust belt. As if they were the best jobs that existed. They need to move on and not trust that demagogue.

And I totally agree H1B are by no means akin to slaves but its just the feeling most people share, they do feel grateful what they have but this is one of the many issues they have with system.Agree nothing is perfect.

1 Like

Now you’re talking.

I’m just sharing his sentiments. My ancestors are not here.

thats what you suggested.
Strange, everyone but folks like you, think there is a problem with the immigration system, both legal and illegal.

I also didn’t say is not a problem.

And may we all have the pleasure of knowing what precisely you are trying to say? Not that it matters but your responses are amusing to read.

Two things,
Respect your host nation.
Don’t be so cocky.

1 Like

I was obviously comparing to the H1B visa folks who earn more than decent salaries (which they deserve based on skills) whereas my ancestors who may have been just as bright and skilled in the mother country didn’t get that distinction or pay when coming here. No one ever said your ancestors didn’t have it rough. Everyone had it rough. Relax…

@sfdragonboy @hanera This conversation is not going anywhere. Dont compare across generations. Now you are saying they deserve it, H1bs, so I heard what I want.

I’m relaxed with a maitai in my hand and soaking in a jacuzzi,

I think pretty much everyone agrees we need to reform immigration, and that includes H1B.

The differences I see are mostly personal tones in their writing. And I like to remind everyone writing on Internet is a very lossy medium. We don’t see people’s faces, we don’t see their hand gestures, etc. We lose a significant part of the information. There is a lot of room for misunderstanding…

@sfdragonboy - The backlogged H1B community is not asking privileges reserved for citizens of this great country, H1Bs get that. All that is being asked to the govt and authorities is, even among the H1Bs please do not discriminate based on nationality when it comes to issuing employment based green cards (EB category). How is a Polish H1B or a Russian H1B or a British H1B employee better or worse than a Chinese H1B or Indian H1B when it comes to issuing employment based green cards? If it takes 12 years for all H1Bs to get a green card, then there is not a big problem. But if only few nationalities have to wait 12 years even after their immigration petition is approved, while the others can get it in 2 years, then there is a big problem in the system that needs to be fixed, considering this is employment based green cards. When it comes to employment based category, only thing that matters is qualification, talent and skills needed to perform, other things such as sex, race, religion, color, nationality become irrelevant.