Who are moving into and out of California?

Nice view! I saw similar pictures in some Orinda RE listings before.

I thought of Arizona or Vegas for a second home. But most of my income comes from CA real estate so living out of state has no tax advantages. Making an offer today in Placerville, 1 hour from my house. Warm in winters and perfect in the swing seasons. Will spend ski season and summer in Tahoe.
$650k gets 8 acres two houses a pond and a 1500sf RV barn in Placerville wine country. Like Napa 30 years ago.

3 Likes

huge savings :slight_smile:

elt1 understood my hidden meaning.

1 Like

Love my Nevada realtor
You KNOW your realtor is from NEVADA when her vehicle has your for sale sign along with rifles, pistols, ammo, targets, a gold detector, and gold pan. LOL

2 Likes

I grew up in Stanford in the 70’s; went to Gunn High School. The area was still very eclectic back then. Still some agriculture (apricot and plum orchards). Lots of small business. Lots of start-ups. You met all kinds of people and anyone with an aptitude for SOMETHING and a decent work ethic could get ahead. Now it’s very homogeneous - a b’jillion start-ups replaced with monoliths that make a business trading in your personal information. I have nothing in common with the millenials and too many oldsters just want to bitch and moan. AZ has a much better social scene. You meet all sorts. I thought Strawberry might be lots of old timers but no, 6pm rolls around and the Sportsman’s Chalet fills up with 20 and 30 somethings. “This is a good place to make a living but you have to bring your work with you” as one of them said to me. I miss that attitude.

3 Likes