Why are there no offers on my condo yet?

Hello,

As newbies to selling real estate my wife & I were sort of hoping that after 18 days on the market we’d have received @ least 1 good offer on our condo by now. (tough timing w/Memorial Day last w/e & Bay to Breakers the one before.)

It’s seriously a great condo w/no issues, incredible location, we think it’s priced well relative to comps, we’re serious about selling to a serious buyer.

We’re happy w/our realtor but my wife & I wanted to open this up to you all as broader experts to see if you might help us think of someone w/a potential buyer or anything we can do to drive a transaction forward?

Since everybody loves a good gimmick, my wife & I will sweeten the deal w/a nice bottle of wine & 2 Giants tickets to the realtor that brings us the winning lead! Just include contact info of & reference RealEstateForums in your offer.

Appreciate your ideas & insight!
Matt & Relissa Payne, Owners of 1826 Page St

1826 PAGE ST. | HAIGHT / ASHBURY | $1,495,000

This turn of the century Top Floor three bedroom, two bathroom, south facing Victorian Condominium checks all the boxes in the most ideal Upper Haight/Ashbury location.

Entering from street level, you’ll be drawn in by large, period stained glass windows above the front door flooding the entry with natural light which radiates throughout the entire home. Victorian details abound including a picturesque stained glass skylight, soaring ceilings, original dark wood floors, crown moldings, wainscoting, two working fireplaces, and large functioning pocket doors. The front windows provide a great view of Sutro Tower. This unit has been continually updated since the early 1900s with 2 substantial skylights in the eat-in kitchen, office/bonus room in the back, modern bathrooms, updated appliances, brand new in-unit Washer & Dryer, Monkeybrains & cable ready Internet, beautiful shared courtyard, parking for one car, substantial garage storage including a storage room w/lock.
This central location is across the street from The Park Branch Public Library, 1 block from shops on Haight Street and the Panhandle, 2 blocks from Whole Foods & the entrance to Golden Gate Park. Easy commute anywhere in SF: North, West, East, and South, walk to Cole Valley, tech shuttle stops, St. Mary’s / Dignity Medical Center, UCSF Parnassus and a multitude of dining and shopping options. While the official “Walk Score” is 97 it feels more like 99! As Page Street is one of SF’s official bike routes, 1826 Page street has a “Bike Score” of 98.

When you own a Victorian like this you’ll enjoy the benefits of a modern space while appreciating the quality workmanship, design, charm, and engineering of an historic San Francisco Victorian. Come visit us at one of the open houses, peruse the high resolution photos, or better yet, schedule a private tour and come fall in love with your future home.

Property Details:
List Price: $1,495,000
1400 square feet (per floor plan expert)
3 bedrooms
2 bathrooms
Office/Breakfast Nook
1 car parking
Storage
Original Wood Floors
2 Fireplaces
Period Details
High Ceilings
Skylights
In Unit Washer & Dryer
Serene Common area Patio
HOA Fees $369/mo. (Includes Water, Garbage, Insurance, Common Electric and repairs.)

Showing Schedule:
Private Showings by Appointment
Offers as they come

Exclusively listed by:
Alexander Clark
Keller Williams Luxury Realty International

alexclark@gmail.com
415-254-5351
DRE#01339386

Qualify what you consider a “good” offer?

I took a quick look at the pictures. 1.5M is a tough price point for a condo - buyers in that range want something pretty perfect.

In my opinion, the home has some drawbacks, mainly around bedroom windows/light. The other rooms do not have a “wow” factor (amazing view, jaw-dropping kitchen etc) that would help convince buyers to make an offer.

The reasons I wouldn’t bid on it:

• 2 of the 3 bedrooms seem to have windows only facing a wall, or facing interior rooms. I prefer bedrooms with exterior windows where light streams in. It is common for 1 bedroom in sf condos to have this issue but not 2.
  • 1 bedroom has a good window but bedroom appears very small. So there is no ideal master bedroom.
  • 1 bathroom looks okay (not amazing), the one with the bathtub in it. It doesn’t look like it was renovated super recently but it’s ok.
  • the shower room layout looks weird. It’s not that bad, it’s just weird feeling.
  • the kitchen is large and looks modern and has nice light from the window and skylight. It should be more appealing than it is. I can’t put my finger on why the kitchen doesn’t have the wow factor but it doesn’t. Maybe it could benefit from better staging.
  • the living room is nice

I would guess if you drop price a bit and stage the home better, buyers will get drawn to the value and the factors above will matter less.

Just my 2 cents, I wish you the best and get the offer range you’re looking for.

Edit: the more I look at the pictures, the more I feel like the staging and photos aren’t that great. The towels in the bathroom look a bit lonely instead of luxurious and fluffy. The small bedroom looks a bit student-y with the rug and the bedspread. Also the floors are in noticeably bad shape.Etc.

Don’t worry, it will sell eventually. Your asking price is actually very inline with the comps. If you want to get more bangs for the buck, you might want to de-list it, do a full kitchen and bath remodel, and re-list it again.

1 Like