Why Bay Area tech workers are packing their bags for Seattle

Austin is in the middle of nowhere. There no comparison between that place and Bay Area. We are the corporate headquarter and they are our service center. Anybody aspiring to live in Austin over Bay Area is reducing himself to a lower class of human being.

I guess about 99% of the US and 99.99% of the world is a lower class of human being.

3 Likes

CA has become the ā€œlook but donā€™t touchā€ state. Hunting, fishing, ATVing, heck even beach combing - every childā€™s birthright - have all been severely restricted. A local here in LH has property in Ohio and spends more and more time there. Guys there get together and DO stuff. Here - they go to the bar and drink. Unhealthy long term. Oh - but now we have recreational pot - so another legal intoxicant. Great, just what we needā€¦in more than half the places along the coast if all you want to do is take a walk you canā€™t even take your dog with you.

2 Likes

I think that accurately sums up the view of the Bay Area regarding the rest of the world.

2 Likes

Thereā€™s always LA and New York. They are at the same level as Bay Area in some ways :slight_smile:

Unfortunately I canā€™t say the same about the rest of Americaā€¦

If that is indeed the view, itā€™s a stupid view from the so called self labelled genetic & intellectual overlords. (However, I donā€™t believe that this is the Bay Area view though, maybe of some people)

This reminds me of a quote by John Adams quoted below:

ā€œThere are two types of educationā€¦ One should teach us how to make a living, and the other how to live.ā€

ā€“ John Adams

It seems some people not necessarily only in the Bay Area learnt the ā€œEducation of making a livingā€ but lack the latter

The rest of America also canā€™t stand the Bay Area. They wanted nothing more than a disastrous earthquake to take us down several notches. These lower sub humans obviously have a lot of pent up jealousy and disdain toward people who are better than them.

1 Like

LOL. Downsizing your lifestyle while holding a grudge over others is definitely not ā€œwiseā€.

Then they are right. In politics, majority is right. In investment, majority is usually wrong.

Bay Area is always right. :slight_smile:

I think wuqijun has proven my point nicely

Fine, move to Austin and enjoy that hip but cheap lifestyle.

Bay Area companies wouldnā€™t survive for long without the rest of the world as customers. If the rest of the world becomes broke, then who will buy the products and services made in the Bay Area?

1 Like

The rest of the world will never become broke and people will always buy the best products. Because Bay Area products are the best in tech (Apple, Google, FB, etcā€¦), people prefer to buy tech products made in the Bay Area.

You really ought to put a smiley or sarcasm tags there. Otherwise someone might actually believe you. Or form a bad opinion.

1 Like

I wasnā€™t being funny or sarcastic though. Whoever formed a bad opinion of what I said is their own problem. I canā€™t possibly please everyone all the time.

I really doubt there is much hatred for the bay area. If anything, the complaining comes from within and maybe from those who left (in other words, a miniscule part of the population). Is there any badmouthing going on in Seattle, or do people just get on with life? :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not sure if thereā€™s any hatred or not. But Iā€™m all for the Bay Area lifestyle and hope it can be ever more prosperous and enriching. Apparently some people seem to be disgusted with that and considered elsewhere more ā€œhipā€. So I have nothing more to say except that if you donā€™t like it here, then pack your bags. Seattle or Austin is waitingā€¦