Why isn't our offer accepted?! ~ San Jose

Why doesn’t the seller receive (automatically) every copy of the email that SA receives?

Good feature. @BAJacket lol :slight_smile:

How do you sort so it’s only email for their property?

There should be a new email address for each property that SA sells. Paid by 5% that is SA charges.

1 Like

Hi janey, I agree that selling agent is not being completely honest. However, you say you don’t want to play the game, but you kind of did, by trying to nick and dime your offer. You are basically trying to get as low offer as possible, just as seller trying to get as high offer as possible. Though how agents go about this can be unscrupulous. And I would say your husband posing as new buyer is also shady. And if you really have to do that, then you need a new agent.

In current sellers’ market, if you want the house as your primary residence, you basically have to go all out. Sometimes (often), there are no second and third chances. If it doesn’t work, then move on to next home.

jk88cal, you are blaming the victim. Posing as a new buyer is morally right, legally right (unless he impersonated someone else’s identity), and may be borderline dubious negotiation trick. But, the agent is NOT trying to get as high offer as possible. He is most likely getting some kickbacks from his friendly buyer. That’s both legally and morally wrong.

3 Likes

It wasn’t clear from the OP whether janey was dealing with the LA or directly with the seller. For a dreamhouse, I would want my offer to be presented to the seller with a personal letter so that it might be considered as a backup.

Realestate agents can be slimy or smart and you can’t know whats going on in the background. They can even block the seller from truth. Back in 2013, I had 2 offers that I put for 2 different houses rejected saying that I was the second highest offerer. When the sold records became public, both houses got sold for the same price as my offer. (Looking back, it worked out well for me as the house I eventually bought was a much better one.)

I had a friend who was told upfront by seller’s real-estate agent that he has to come through one his recommended agent to have any chance. All kind of things go on.

2 Likes

I meant that when the market turns south my assets will also be negatively impacted…

1 Like

If a home is ridiculously priced that low, you know the seller wants more activities and ridiculously high price. Many fall into a trap and think they all are winners. Good luck to the highest bidder.

1 Like

I disagree. During the last downturn their were still a lot of dirtbag agents doing bad things. I can’t count the times when I or my agent called to see a listing and it wasn’t responded to for a few days at which time it was pending. This was in 2011.