Why You Need a Ring Camera

Salinas!

Police hunt man who was filmed licking a California couple’s doorbell for 3 hours

That would explain how my doorbell shorted out…

Do you guys use Ring?

No yet…once I move to SB I plan to install a security system that can handle the open space and complete detachness of the home. Damn quiet out there in suburbia!!!

I heard the nest hello is better.

I have four Ring cams around my house in South San Jose. They work pretty well.

The real utility is knowing what is going on around your home whether you are there or not. I fired a pet sitter who advertised she would be there for 30 minutes/visit only to see on Ring that she was there for 10 mins tops each visit. I’ve kept an eye on plumbing contractor fixing a water line in my yard and verified how much time they spent there. And it’s real easy to note if my pool guy or gardener “miss” a visit.

One time I really needed a package delivered that day but I wasn’t home and I knew a sig was required. When the delivery guy rang the bell, I answered from work and told him I was home but couldn’t come to the door. Said it was OK to leave it and he did.

And the nightly visits from wildlife are fun to check out. I’m at the edge of open space and get lots of visitors to my pool at night.

5 Likes

My neighbor across the street showed me his new Ring. I think there’s a set of 2 cameras. He showed me right there on his phone both of us watching his phone. :laughing:

Wife wants one, we’ll get it.

OMG, did you just do a normal, few lines post? Hurray, @buyinghouse, hurraaaaay!!!:grinning:

1 Like

I am becoming a troll.
Short responses, see ya! :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: