Wow, Lotto Ticket Sold In East San Jose!

No. Each lottery ticket can only be redeemed in the state it was acquired.

The state of the winning ticket dictates it I think. I suppose if two winning tickets were sold in both Ca and South Carolina, the CA winner would have to resort to being out’d but the South Carolina winner could remain anonymous.

Maybe you give the ticket to a trust and have the trust redeem the money…

Cant do it, i think. Lotto is an individual concept, i hear. I dont know if you can sell your lottery ticket to an ira, for example.

You can sell your ticket to anyone. Why not an anonymous trust?

Maybe. Clealry i am not rich enough to know :slight_smile:

My wife loves lotto yet refuses to let me play craps or blackjack which have way better odds. $1.6 billion payouts cloud people’s judgement.

Blind Trust FTW, but if you did win, I would highly suggested to hire an good tax attorney, CPA etc to set all this stuff up and make recommendations.

Come on!!! First, we have a movie star “scared” of his new found fame and now this? A reluctant millionaire (after taxes and lump sum take)???

Smart winner. Must be getting lawyers, blind trust setup etc.

Come on, decide already, go with the lump sum…ALWAYS!!!:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Uh oh, could this be a “he said, he said” deal? I guess unless the roommate can’t say where the winning ticket was bought at.

See, another reason to not have roommates if at all possible, or just don’t talk to them at all…

1 Like

Who didn’t? :thinking:

Every W2 want to fire their bosses :grinning: rudely put is fut :rofl:

2 Likes

Gosh–just think what might’ve happened if he’d been working instead. :slight_smile:

I had a ticket under my mattress to be looked out before its expiration date for the more than $1 billion last year. Well, while driving this morning I heard the winner stepped in and wants to remain anonymous. He or she will get $870+ millions.

Not too bad to retire with that chunk of money:laughing:

1 Like