Dow Down 666 Points

NYSE trader: Yes, the worst is over for stocks

Big Stock Buys: Apple, AT&T, GE, Wells Fargo

I’d be pretty defeated too if after all this time I couldn’t tell simple interest from compound interest. I’d be pretty embarrassed if I couldn’t understand the illustration I posted. It’d be embarrassing to not realize that while the invested money increases the death benefit the loan is simultaneously decreasing the death benefit. It’d be embarrassing to not realize both are compound interest. It’s be embarrassing to not realize that if the market returns less than 5%, then for that year the death benefit will decrease instead of increase. I’d be embarrassed presenting illustrations where I had no idea what formulas were used to calculate the numbers when they are middle school math.

It’s hilarious you say “The loans won’t be deducted from the returns, it is the death benefit that is deducted since the increases help to pay for the loans.” That might take th cake for proving you have no idea what you’re discussing. The death benefit is the amount on the policy plus the investment returns.

Death benefit = policy benefit + investment returns - loans

The policy benefit is a constant at $2M. That means the death benefit is:

$2M + investment returns - loans

As you can see, the loans reduce the investment returns. Eventually the loans get so big they take away the entire investment returns and start eating away at the $2M death benefit. The illustration shows this if you read the columns.

All you’re going to do is ignore the math and call me ignorant.

One ignorant at a time.

Full FOMO mode on?

1 Like

Lol, wow. You’re calling me ignorant while you just proved you think fixed rate is the same as simple interest. :rofl:

Now there’s 4 things you need to learn and understand.

Fixed rate
Variable rate
Simple interest
Compound interest

The loan is a fixed rate. The investment returns are a variable rate. They are both compound interest.

Now I get why you always argue and think what you’re posting makes you right.

1 Like

can you guys please end this ? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No…You please join here, How long I can see only two people are posting :rofl:

It is fun as if you are going to learn 1 grade math…

Come on man, don’t make it worse than it is.

2 Likes

I am eager to see how worst it can be :rofl: Take it easy, it is fun…I stop bugging you here.

grabs popcorn

2 Likes

Mr Infomercial keeps advertising his products and lying about them.

1 Like

Can you guys at least take it back to the “Gun Control” thread? I enjoyed every jab, back and forth, over there…

Stock crashing in after hours. Gary Cohn is resigning because of shitty trump’s tariffs. :scream:

Tim…berrrrr

Scared too soon???

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-06/u-s-stock-futures-fall-after-trump-s-economic-adviser-resigns

“Of all the Trump Administration resignations, this will be the one most meaningful for markets,” said Michael O’Rourke, chief market strategist at JonesTrading Institutional Services. “Cohn was the administration official financial markets had the most confidence in. This opens the environment up to whole new wave of uncertainty. The likelihood of a trade war just jumped dramatically.”

Contracts on the S&P 500 Index sank 1.4 percent as of 7:43 p.m. in New York after starting the session down 0.88 percent, the most for any open since June 2015. Futures on the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined more than 400 points, or 1.6 percent, while those on the Nasdaq 100 Index lost 1.4 percent. The S&P 500 had risen for three straight days into Tuesday’s close, adding almost 2 percent.

“A lot of people saw him as a calming influence to the Trump administration,” said Nick Twidale, Sydney-based chief operating officer at Rakuten Securities’ Australian unit. “Now he’s gone, there’s that perception that maybe they’re letting loose the hardline aspects of the Trump administration to go even harder on protectionism.”

Just impeach that shitty president already. Worst. President. Ever.

My dry powder has increased lately. So, locked and loaded :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, buying opportunity for sure :wink:

I’m still waiting for the right level to go in though.