Gun Control

@marcus335, I value the advice and experiences you share around real estate and enjoy your posts very much, but it looks like we have a fundamentally different view and set of values as they relate to our government.

I don’t see Obamacare as class warfare. I see it as the best compromise that could be attained at a contentious time to provide healthcare for as many Americans as possible. I’m ok with giving a little more so that my fellow Americans can have the healthcare they need to save their lives and not bankrupt them. I’m ok with stepping up to contribute for the greater good.

We’ll likely have to agree to disagree on this issue, but I respect your right to hold your opinion.

3 Likes

Don’t dont give a shit about the politics…Just pissed off wasting $1536/m knowing that if I get sick I could be out another $10k…Hardly makes me feel secure. …a definite failure as an insurance product…No matter who is at fault

1 Like

Ugh…those numbers you’re dealing with are tough. I can understand the frustration.

However, I’m afraid I’m not dismissive anymore of where to assign blame when it comes to failures in our government. I used to think that regardless of who gets voted into office, things will be pretty much the same and everything will work out fine. The current political climate makes it impossible to be that complacent any longer.

There is a real difference between what different candidates mean for the future of our country. I feel a responsibility to inform myself with facts to help me vote in accordance with what I believe is good for all of us as Americans.

2 Likes

Chiapet828.

Sorry to inform you that if you are talking to certain person you better talk to the wall. A narcissist person won’t feel any emotions. It is a computer sending or writing responses, no emotion, no sentiments, no nothing! Period!

It seems that for some Americans, we are still in the campaign process. They throw tantrums about the past, blaming this other president when we had a candidate swearing to God he would be better than the former president, he swore to make our lives so easy, with a healthcare so cheap, everybody would be included.

He and his supporters need to own it up. There’s a new sheriff in town, and he is a wimpy, vulgar, lazy, golf spender, and a liar. Period!

HE BASICALLY DIDN’T PROMISE, HE LIED!

On my houses up in Tahoe my average fire insurance bill is $750 per year… So for what I pay in health insurance I could insure 24 houses…

The issue with insurance is cost control …We have none.
Obama didn’t address that. His plan was doomed to fail.
Unless we go to single payer with cost control the system will collapse in 10 years or less. Blame Trump if you like
But the Democratic machine created a hybrid system that is worthless unless you are on Medical

1 Like

It will all fail unless we get people to live healthier lives. Insurance spending can’t rise 2-3x faster than GDP. It creates an impossible to solve math equation where there will not be enough money no matter what tax system is proposed. Everyone says we can’t raise taxes on the middle class or below. They are already struggling.

That means you can only raise taxes on the rich to pay for healthcare. Even when we taxed the rich at 90%, tax revenue averaged 17% of GDP. It goes up a little in expansions and down a little in recessions. Healthcare spending is already more than 17% of GDP, so it’d consume every dollar of tax revenue. We’d need to nearly double tax revenue as a percent of GDP to have single payer and balance the budget. There’s no way the middle class avoids a crushing tax increase to get to 34% of GDP in tax revenue.

The UK is dealing with this now. Their solution is to ration care to control spending. If you’re obese or a smoker, then they won’t perform surgery on you. You have to stop smoking for a certain amount of time or lose weight until you aren’t obese.

40% of our spending is on chronic diseases that are preventable through healthier life choices. Until we have a system that gets people to make those healthier choices, spending will continue to increase. You can’t expect those people to suddenly act rationally in their own best interest and be healthier. We keep further isolating them from the cost of their choices, so it’s only going to get worse. You would think the massive inconvenience and poor quality of life would motivate them to change, but it doesn’t (at least not in meaningful numbers).

People only want to look at the cost per pill or per procedure. The US consumes 75% of the prescription drugs in the world. We over prescribe drugs so much that we now have an opioid crisis. The majority of those people started on prescription pain killers. The US consumes massive amounts of healthcare, because of our obesity rate and general unhealthy decisions. Now we’re all being asked to pay more in insurance premiums and taxes to cover the decisions others are making. Those decisions are way spending increases so much faster than inflation. We aren’t even looking at the root cause.

Yet, another episode of gun violence, one of the many every day in this country where the idiots are trying to tell the educated people owning a gun will save their lives.

SALT LAKE CITY — Authorities were searching for the suspected gunman in a fatal carjacking near the University of Utah that caused a campus-wide lockdown late Monday, police said.

University of Utah Police Chief Dale Brophy said early Tuesday that an injured woman came to the school and reported that her husband had assaulted her while they were camping in Red Butte Canyon, which abuts the east campus.

Brophy said authorities were searching for the woman’s husband, 24-year-old Austin Boutain, who is suspected of fatally shooting a person during a carjacking at the mouth of the canyon.

Salt Lake City Police Sgt. Brandon Shearer said officers weren’t immediately releasing the victim’s gender or other details.

At least eight law enforcement agencies were on scene, including the FBI. A helicopter was assisting the search.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gunman-on-run-after-fatal-carjacking-near-university-of-utah/ar-AAufZp1?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=ue01dhp

These are news from only one location. Yes! One location!

This is what the Americans have to go through in a daily basis, and we read idiots still mumbling jumbling about data and stupid ideas.

In Manhattan someone just killed a lot of people with a truck… If he had a machine gun he could have killed a lot more…Too many crazy people and it is too easy for them to get assault rifles… people weren’t as crazy in the 18th century. In today’s over crowded world sensible gun control is needed…
This current murderer would have killed scores if he had an assault weapon
He ran over several people. The box truck then collided with a Home Deport rental truck, and the box truck driver got out with what now appears to be a fake firearm. He was then shot by police. He’s in custody.

Six dead so far… used a Home Depot rental truck?

2 Likes

Yes, another tragic event and they keep piling up on the soul of those cowards still thinking people ought to be armed to respond to gun attacks. Gee! Stop the stupidity please!

Video showed four bodies scattered alongside the path on the West Side off the Hudson River. The truck crashed into another vehicle at West and Chambers Streets.

“We thought the guns were fake and it was a Halloween prank,” said Stuyvesant High School student Laith Bahlouli, 14. “There was a car crash, and then he started to shoot.”

Classmate Alif Rahman, 14, said they heard “four to six gunshots” and then spied two bodies covered with blankets by the NYPD.

A child was seen sitting on the lap of an adult wearing a neck brace after the incident.

“We all heard the gunfire,” said witness Michael Corbin, who works at nearby District Council 37. “I heard distinctly five shots in quick succession.”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/gunman-opens-fire-from-home-depot-truck-runs-down-4-bike-riders/ar-AAuhO52?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=ientp

I think this shows crazy people will kill whether they have a gun or not. So what does taking guns away from law-abiding citizens accomplish? We already know crime rates for assault, sexual assault, and burglary increase. So you don’t lower the homicide rate, but you increase other crime rates. There’s literally zero positive of banning guns. Any argument for banning gun is disproved by actual data.

The gun was fake it it’s being called terrorism. If the person is a refugee, then the media will quickly go silent on this. I’ll be Ohio State all over again. If it doesn’t fit the anti gun narrative and makes immigrants look bad, then the media stops covering it. It no longer promotes the agendas.

LOL…let’s revise the stupidity when it comes to crimes:

If it’s guns… it’s the person, not the gun. He was crazy, he didn’t know what he was doing, blah, blah, blah.

If the person doesn’t have a gun but kills people…it’s the “you name the thing, not the person!”

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If that’s your reading comprehension, then that is laughable.

58 people would be alive right now in Las Vegas. And hundreds more nationwide.

I am telling ya, my English comprehension is bad, but my brain is not.

How do you figure? Drugs are illegal, but even more people die of illegal drug overdoses than from guns. People are already breaking the law by killing another human. Do you think they won’t kill anyone if they have to break the law to get a gun first? Do you think gangs and criminals won’t traffic guns across the US the way they do drugs?

The US homicide rate has declined more than Australia’s has since Australia passed their gun law and had their gun buy back. That alone tells you banning guns won’t reduce homicide. Then there’s the increase in assault and sexual assault rates in Australia since the gun ban while US rates decreased. There’s zero data to say banning guns make people safer.

Blah, blah, blah. Drugs here, smugglers there, blah, blah, blah.

People are dying of drug overdose, people are dying in massive shootings, there’s only talk, no action. Yeah! People are dying, here, a photo op, no budget to fix that opioid epidemic trend. Excuses, excuses, excuses.

Take action, before that next victim is one of your kids or your wife. If anybody dares to marry you. You don’t have a soul dude, none at all, your writings are empty of any feelings. :triumph::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::scream:

Keep throwing data and nonsense, that will fill in your broken spirit the day gun violence knocks on your door. Come here, and tell us with detailed data how that bullet blew your kid’s brain up or left him paraplegic. We’ll make sure to make you feel pretty good with data from the NRA and nonsense…:sweat_smile:

Exactly. You don’t have any solution that will change the outcome. You just want action taken even if it doesn’t address the issue. That’s not a solution. You won’t prevent criminals from obtaining guns. You will take guns away from legal owners. I guess if a home is broken into everyone will just dial 9-11 and hope for the best.

Which is more than Obama did about it.