Gun Control

@marcus335,

After Sandy Hook, this should not be a surprise…

1 Like

Somebody really is not full aware of the English language.

The poor narcissist guy brings opioides, which is a topic of another day. Or should I say “talking is cheap if you don’t put your money where your mouth is”. Maybe the drug addicts need a roll of paper towel thrown at them and they are cured? It happened in Puerto Rico and all the sudden they recovered:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy:

HERE THE LIST OF GRACIOUS REPUBLICANS SENDING THEIR CONDOLENCES TO THE RELATIVES OF THOSE KILLED IN LAS VEGAS SHOOTING…WHILE CASHING IN THE NRA CHECK:

McCain $7.740,521
Richard Burr. $6.986,620
Roy Blunt $4.551,146
Thomas Tillis $4,418,012
Marco Rubio $3.033,355

Yeah! Those are $ MILLIONS by the way.

IS THAT YOU MARCUS?

I bet Twhitler is going to ban all people from the Russian federation.

Who am I kidding! :sweat_smile::rofl:

Was this the conversation Putin and his slave worker Twhitler had in that famous 1 hour meeting?

Uzbekistan, soon to be banned. Not! :smiley:

So you want them to take action, even if the action won’t lower the homicide rate? You want them to take action even if the rate of non-homicide crimes will increase? Do you not care if assault and sexual assault rates increase?

@buyinghouse Not surprising you missed the point about drugs. They are illegal, yet common enough we have an epidemic. What makes you think making guns illegal will stop criminals from getting them? I’d love to hear the logic there.

Like many policies, rent control, gun control, chicken wing control, I would like to at least be given the opportunity to TRY IT MY WAY to see what in reality happens. No charts, no data points. Real. Life. Experience. Trials.

Why? There’s already data on it. We know what will happen. Doing the same thing but expecting a different result is highly illogical. If it was that simple, then you could put “gun free zone” signs up everywhere, and people would be 100% safe. The problem is only law-abiding citizens observe that. That means criminals know they have easy targets in gun free zones.

Plus, Chicago has some of the strictest gun laws but one of the highest homicide rates. Chicago is trying it, and it is failing. Other cities and states are trying it. California has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the country. Has it made Oakland safe? Laws don’t keep gang members from getting guns the same way laws don’t keep gang members from dealing drugs.

You can’t approach this from a perspective that humans are rational and will follow the law. We know there are a bunch of people that don’t follow the law every day. That’s why we have prisons. Personally, I don’t want to live in a country where criminals are the only people with guns. You know the police aren’t going to get to your home in time if you call 9-11.

Again, because historical results do not say sheet about future results. Hear that before???

1 Like

You don’t have any better ideas, so let’s just try the same ideas that don’t work. I’m not surprised you didn’t address the questions. You can’t answer them, because doing so would blow a hole in the “we must do something” idea.

Well, I can also argue how do you know that it won’t work?

1 Like

Do you think the data and examples are fake or you just refuse to believe it?

Please ask this question to one of those killed in Vegas, Sandy Hook, etc, etc, etc…

1 Like

Avoidance.

I am just tired of the status quo. Too many people dying needlessly while you folks want to say nothing is wrong. No, something is wrong when one person can legally obtain enough weapons to arm a small nation and that are not exactly suitable for sport. We like to believe we are an advanced society. Well, time to show it.

1 Like

You just want to know something was done, so you’ll feel safer. You don’t care if what happens actually makes you safer. Just feeling safer is enough. Feelings aren’t a reason to take away rights.

11,000 per year which is less than auto accidents. Are you going to advocate lower speed limits which could save more lives than banning guns? It’s less than drug overdoses. What about laws restricting opiod prescriptions? Smoking is still legal and kills way more people. Why are you singling out guns and saying some thing must be done while ignoring things that kill more people?

I keep telling ya!

You can’t convince a burro to go forward. He will stiffen his hind legs and stay eating poop while he can advance and eat green grass.

@Chiapet828 Thanks for your posts on this topic - most informative while being polite and respectful!

3 Likes

@intangible, thanks! I really appreciate that :blush:.

1 Like

Mr. Sleepless In Seattle,

Is this what you were referring to as a great policy on guns???

Egg Mcmuffins are lethal weapons…He was just appling self defense…lol

1 Like

Will the idiot supporting this mess please stand up!

Samantha Eubanks was taking care of six children in her Dearborn, Mich., home one morning in late September when she heard a noise upstairs.

Her 3-year-old son, she discovered, had found one of her husband’s handguns. The toddler pulled the trigger, shooting two other 3-year-old children — one in the face and the other in the shoulder, prosecutors said, according to the Detroit Free Press.

The two wounded children were rushed to the hospital in critical condition but are now recovering in their homes. One of them lost an eye and has undergone numerous surgeries, local news station WDIV reported.