Gun Control

Not sure why prior conviction matters in the gun control discussion. Just take the weapons away.

Emotion is way higher on the “shut out the immigrants/refugees” camp. One bad guy out of millions of immigrants is enough to shut the door.

1 Like

I don’t see the correlation between Gun control and immigration but guns are strictly an offensive weapon …they are useless for defense, so if you think that a gun is an effective defensive weapon you’re mistaken. In fact even if some of those Texas churchgoers had guns this guy was going to be able to kill lots of people before they could react and kill him especially if he wants to die…
Suicidal maniacs are hard to spot and stop…
However a religion that doesn’t condemn suicide as a weapon of war and in fact rewards it with 72 virgins should not be allowed or tolerated in modern society…

1 Like

I guess some people forget 9/11 easier than others. People that are upset over 20 people forget 2,000+. There’s been 60 attacks where Islam was an influence since 9/11. That’s an average of 4 per year. That doesn’t count the ones caught before doing anything that never go public. FBI and DHS spend tens of billions a year in counter terrorism. How much would they have to spend if immigration was tighter?

That’s not even getting into the grooming and rape that refugees are committing in Europe. If you have daughters, I have no idea how you can advocate allowing in large numbers of refugees. It went on for decades in one city, since people were too paranoid of being racist and Islamaphobic to allow victims to mention race of perpetrators. Political correctness is now more important than the safety of our children.

Some refugees are bad people, just like some white peole are bad. Some Muslims are bad people, just like some Christians are bad.

No race and no religion has monopoly on evil.

1 Like

The vast majority of Muslims are good. But American Muslims owe their allegiance to America first. They must condemn the practice of jihad … And Mullahs worldwide must announce that suicide is not a ticket to paradise no matter the reason or cause… It is a ticket to hell, like in any other religion especially if it is used as a weapon of war…

1 Like

That’s like saying not all Nazis executed Jewish people, so we should welcome them. Can any other group claim 60 attacks since 2001?

The right analogy is Germans, not Nazis. Unless you are saying all Muslims are evil killers.

Enough has been said on both sides. If people came to this with an open mind there is enough material to make up their mind one way or another. Now’s the time for action.

I am not emotional. After all I don’t know any of these people personally. But I have a sense of urgency. Enough people have died and continue to die everyday. Gun control is now my single issue. I will donate money and vote for candidates only if they align with me on this issue. I don’t care about saving a couple hundred bucks on taxes. This is far more important.

1 Like

No. Nazis is the correct comparison. Not all of them were executing the Jewish. The Quaran is pretty clear on what Muslins are supposed to do to others much the way Nazs were clear about the Jewish. It’s just not all memebers of the religion choose to join Jihad.

Why gun control and not Opioids? Opioids are killing multiple times more. Cars are also killing multiple times more too.

My point earlier was 85% of gun victims have felony convictions or arrests. The vast majority of gun crime is young criminals killing each other. If you aren’t a young criminal, then there are a ton of things to worry about more than guns.

Gun violence has declined in the US. You’re falling trap to the media portrayal that gun violence is higher than ever. Most people believe that despite the fact it isn’t true. We’re putting emotional reactions to headlines above facts.

We actually used to have guns in schools. Until the 70’s, many high schools had riffle teams that competed against other schools. Kids practiced in gym class and after school. Did we have lots of school shootings back then?

“The suspect dropped his rifle, which was a Ruger AR assault-type rifle and fled from the church,” Martin said.

There we go again with those types of guns that are not suitable for ownership by the general population…

1 Like

46 people shot in 15 seconds in Church in an area where lots of people have guns My guess is they were shot from behind… Guns didn’t protect these people. Fast loading semi automatic weapons make these massacres possible…
Enough is enough… Even if these victims were armed they would have been killed as the sat… shot in the back

2 Likes

Those guns which are responsible for 2% of homicides.

Donate. Talk to other voters. Let’s do something about these stupid guns. I don’t want to see people getting gunned down in schools or churches.

Vote the bums out.

1 Like

Yes, then the streets will be drug free and gun free.

I’m not sure how any parent can read about that and support immigration.

He came and went, the nazi, I mean, the narcissist guy is still mumbling jumbling stupidity.

ANOTHER SHOOTING, THIS TIME IN FRESNO.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/two-shot-one-fatally-outside-church-in-fresno/ar-AAutt2K?li=BBnbcA1&ocid=ue01dhp

Wow, caused by one human being. I read one family lost 8 members, attending church service. I guess still a statistical anomaly that we needn’t be concerned about, eh, @marcus335???

The massacre killed about 4% of the small town’s population.

1 Like

The dumb dumb president:

It’s too soon to talk about this (massacre).

Indeed to soon, let’s wait for another 5,000 people killed by gun loving nut Rambo look alike idiots.

By the way, who were the idiots signing a law allowing mentally ill people to buy a gun? Oh boy, don’t tell me, I bet we know who they were, don’t we?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/breakingnews/trump-says-texas-shooting-due-to-mental-health-problem-not-a-gun-issue/ar-AAuucUo?li=AA5a8k&ocid=ientp

The killer was willing to break the law killing multiple people. Do you think breaking an extra law to illegally obtain guns would stop him? Do you think if he couldn’t get a gun, he’d just go on with his life and not find another way to kill people?

:rofl::sweat_smile:

Well, since you brought it up, if he couldn’t actually get a gun, tell me realistically how is he gonna kill 20+ people in such a short time before getting caught? I suppose he could have used a car bomb and rammed the church. The simple fact is again the opportunity to have a rapid firing weapon is where I think the problem is magnified.

And I will agree with you, the guy who came to help and who had a gun probably saved more lives, so my beef is not against all guns. All I want is the assault rifles out of the hands of citizens.