Gun Control

No, I prefer he was in front of it…

1 Like

This reminds me of the college kids they survey. They present the Trump tax plan. If they say it is the Bernie plan, then the college kids think all the ideas are great. If they are told it’s the Trump plan, then they think all the ideas are bad. Critical reasoning and logic are absent from the conversation. It’s pure emotion.

It’s also up there with the 55% of college kids thinking communism would give them more opportunity than capitalism. Then 71% of them couldn’t correctly identify what communism is on a multiple choice question. So they think communism is good, but they can’t even identify what it is.

I thought is was the House plan
Don’t worry when it fails Trump will disavow it

Why do we need tax reform… I don’t see the urgency. There must be a better way for Trump to repatriate $4 trillion that American corporations are hoarding overseas
How about a short term tax holiday

1 Like

One more way to consider this data: The IHME also estimates what it would expect a country’s rate of gun violence deaths to be based solely on its socioeconomic status. By that measure, the U.S. should only be seeing 0.79 deaths per 100,000 people — almost four times less than its actual rate of 3.85 deaths per 100,000.

1 Like

Not that anyone cares, but they are including suicides which are a majority of gun related deaths. The bulk of the US homicide rate is young men in gangs killing each other. Does any other county have the drug and gang problem that the US does? Does anyone think that without guns the gang members would stop killing each other? Does anyone think laws would prevent gangs from getting guns when they are selling illegal drugs?

Morning Joe gets it!!!

1 Like

We all know only idiots don’t get what we are debating here.

I once taught literacy to a guy like somebody I know on this forum. I made him repeat the vowels 80 times, after that I erased the board and wrote A…tell me what vowel is that I asked…he goes…O :rofl::rofl:

That’s how I know when I am dealing with a mad person.

Millions, millions talk to their wishing star every night.

1 Like

Now I get it. It’s genetics.

https://www.globalresearch.ca/health-and-the-environment-testosterone-levels-fall-worldwide/30129

I guess this is why the US is going more liberal. The decline it 1% a year.

Are you sure the chart includes suicide? Right below the chart, it clearly stated the chart excluded deaths from armed conflicts and accidents or self harm.

1 Like

There are 8 million AR 15 style weapons in the US

Too many—and none are for hunting are are not nearly as good for self defense as a shotgun.

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX) on Monday threw out the typical conservative talking points following the mass shooting at a Sutherland Springs, Texas, church, arguing not to politicize the shooting and making some claims about “a good guy with a gun.” But in the process, he made — accidentally, it seems — a good case for gun control.
“Evil is evil is evil,” Cruz said on CNN, “and will use the weaponry that is available.”
This, it turns out, is exactly the point made by gun control advocates. There are bad people in every society in the world. The US is not unique in this regard, and I don’t think Cruz is saying that America is uniquely evil.
What Americans seem to have, instead, is extra stock of — and way more access to — incredibly deadly weapons in the form of firearms. And this stock and access give bad people an easier way to commit mass atrocities — more so than they’d be able to if they only had access to, say, a baseball bat or a knife

3 Likes

You’re right. Good catch. For some reason I was thinking the number should be 1.9. That number works out to ~12,000/yr.

This is when I support being armed, not when you are partying!

3.85/100,000 is an astonishingly high number for a developed country like US. I understand there are social and cultural differences between countries, but this is 100 times of rate in Japan. It is sad.

2 Likes

Can I see if we will have pretty soon another Muslim terrorist attack from you guys?

No Donald, this is an orb, you know, for sorcery, to dumbfound you.

We promise you no one will attack your country anymore. That’s because you didn’t call us RADICAL MUSLIMS as you were criticizing the former president Obama of not saying.

Wasting your time, you’re talking to a bot.

This is a great article about how to reduce gun violence in US. I think majority of population will support this.

2 Likes