Impact of usd vs cny on bay area prices

1. Are you taking video of rough places (like things you noted wrong about the house), the layout of the house, particular fixtures in the kitchen etc?
  2. Or are you just firing your phone and spinning around yourself indiscriminately regardless of people coming at you as their normal tour in the openhouse?

I am fairly sure the guys i saw were not buying for themselves.

Full-video of the place with narration regardless of people present. As for rough places: depends on whether itā€™s for inlaws (donā€™t want to give them any negatives) or ourselves (we might want to note the negatives). Generally though, I photo the negatives, not video.

exactly my point. fairly sure about my original assesment :slight_smile:

I trust your judgement. If you saw usā€“since weā€™re clearly a married coupleā€“itā€™d probably be obvious itā€™s for ourselves.

I think after seeing > 200 open houses (i am fairly sure about this), i am confident to know what people look for if they are buying for themselves. I may be wrong, though, and i probably have some bias against non-us person buying :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just give me 5 homes where you visited and where you are 100% confident foreign cash buyers are there. Homes must be in Santa Clara county (for my easy work)

All engineers, doctors, lawyersā€¦etc are public domain with advent of google, Facebook and LinkedIn, easy to locate them. I can get the details, google it and find out the company they work.

1 Like

How is that going to work? Will you check public records? I did not keep track of all these houses i visited and which one got bought cash.
I visit MP, PA, MTV, LA and sometimes SVL houses.
221 Springer Rd MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA 94040
This is one i remember clearly yesterday had a guy with recording arbitrary places.

Omgā€¦ 200+ open houses? Way too picky. It reminded of me back 10 years ago. I was window shopping mostly with no real intention to buy. These days, I buy after a couple open houses, or none at all (purchased sight unseen).

1 Like

Yeah, but if he bought 20 of themā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

Buyer is a Vice President working in Equinix !
No match to your google search algorithm !!

1 Like

Can you google how much he makes?

Easy to guess his pay and bonus, but not stocks he holds.

pay

Google must have IRS access or his CPA computer access :rofl:

you mean the seller? The house is still on market.

This is to say - i do not keep a tab on what houses i know sold for cash.

Did you give the wrong address? This LA house was sold in 2013

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Los-Altos/221-Springer-Rd-94024/home/1628145?utm_source=myredfin&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=ios_share&utm_nooverride=1&utm_content=link

1 Like

Yeah sorry:
https://www.redfin.com/CA/Mountain-View/1221-Springer-Rd-94040/home/880065

Again, this is on market, and it had all the people in the world in open house.

Just buy it. Youā€™ll have the whole world to provide support for your homeā€™s valuation

:rofl:

1 Like

Yes, the whole world better support my home valuations. And my stock prices too! Iā€™m counting on that! :rofl:

2 Likes