Maybe.....Asians Don't Want It

Come on, let’s get back to the real world @BAJacket

Disagree. I have two major extroverts, one major introvert for kids. And the split doesn’t run along gender-lines.

Also, I’m not an extrovert, but that does not stop an extrovert kid from talking ALL THE FREAKING TIME. In fact, maybe it just gives them MORE time to talk. I tell you, they just won’t shut up.

1 Like

Favoritism is quite common in offices.

1 Like

You are only half of the equation. Kids can learn from their dad as well. Also the birth month can also affect since walm weather makes people more relaxed and talking more

Dad is an introvert too.

I’m serious, some kids start talking, and they just don’t stop.

1 Like

Asian problem? What Asian problem?

Asian-Americans are now more likely than whites to be in the upper middle class:

1 Like

Good observation but the caution is that all Asians got lumped into the same bracket. I’m sure Indian Americans have very different income status than Vietnamese Americans…

Notice that the data for Asians starts from 2002 :grinning: Ain’t Asians that came over from then are highly educated or rich i.e. they are already middle class or higher, and over a small population result in a high % of the Asian population. Always worry about such statistics as not sure what is the hidden agenda of the author.

In the old Redfin forum, a guy argued with me saying Indians and Chinese are the same race. His reason? The US government groups both into the “Asian” group. :smile:

Genetically he could be right. About half are of same origin as Chinese, at least 1 O? Am I right, wuqijun?

If you want to go that far, we were all Africans at one point.

1 Like

Obviously I mean from the point where some anthropologists split humans into 3-4 “races”.
If you go far enough, we have the same ancestor as a piece of stone.

Actually, Indians are closer to white people than East Asians. Their mother tongue, Hindi, is in the same language group as European languages. That means they share the same ancestor with the Europeans.

1 Like

Sound logical, I always felt Indians and Caucasians share certain behavioral characteristics, and fit in so much easier than Chinese to the American society.

1 Like

Yes obsolutely! :laughing:

The Major Divisions of the Human Race

Three major human races according to anthropologists

Most anthropologists recognize 3 or 4 basic races of man in existence today. These races can be further subdivided into as many as 30 subgroups.

Ethnographic division into races from Meyers Konversationslexikon of 1885-90 is listing:

Caucasian races (Aryans, Hamites, Semites)
Mongolian races (northern Mongolian, Chinese and Indo-Chinese, Japanese and Korean, Tibetan, Malayan, Polynesian, Maori, Micronesian, Eskimo, American Indian),
Negroid races (African, Hottentots, Melanesians/Papua, “Negrito”, Australian Aborigine, Dravidians, Sinhalese)

Indians belong to which group? Aryans or Hamites or Semites?

Layman like us view race as a social construct :grinning:

Indians are mixed. Their racial composition depends on their caste. The highest castes are Brahmins (priests) and warriors who descended from the invading Aryans (the white people from the steppes who share the same ancestry with the Europeans). The lower castes are the aboriginals who are darker looking. They are not white, yellow or black. They are a 4th race… maybe you can call them “brown”? :wink:

1 Like

Alrite @Jil you’ve been dodging for a while…, time to spill the beans. :smile:

my $ says you’re from India.

1 Like

I can’t even tell if @Jil was a man or a woman… He has a wife but women can have a wife too… :rofl:

1 Like

He has a son :slight_smile:

@Jil I’m just joking. Please don’t take this too seriously.

1 Like