Maybe.....Asians Don't Want It

I have friends in the CIA and they have told me many secrets from posters here.:grin:
Going on a limp, I bet Jil is Vietnamese.

1 Like

Um… I don’t think that fact can dispel my question… :laughing:

There’s a very wrong situation with the way Asians, or should I say Filipinos took advantage of their allegedly Hispanics name to apply at the post office years back when the affirmative action, if that is what I think it is. They have common Hispanic last names as Flores, Lopez, Cruz, and so on. So, by checking “Hispanic”, they took the opportunity of many Mexicans away, the majority then, from getting a job with the USPS.

If you don’t believe me, check your local USPS office. Filipinos everywhere.

If Filipinos were discriminated against due to their similar Latino names, I guess it is fair for them to share some of the affirmative benefits as well.

Hm? So, let’s think for a minute. I, as a Hispanic, go to an interview, and the supervisor is looking at me. My last name is Cruz, and I checked Asian. And I don’t have slanted eyes.

I wouldn’t last a minute in front of him for being a liar.

Wait a minute here…

Then maybe Filipinos should get the double affirmative action since their names look hispanic, while their appearances look asian.

1 Like

Asians don’t get the benefit of affirmative action.

They got double, some were Asians, and some passed themselves as Hispanic…

Even “YES BOSS” won’t do? :sweat_smile:

Yes Boss??? What is that? How about “NO MADAM”… :rofl:

1 Like

Asians have the highest education level and median income of any group. You don’t need affirmative action. You can’t say you’re a disadvantaged group when you make the most money.

Interesting enough, Asian have the strongest belief that working hard will make someone do better in school. The less a group believes working hard will help them do well in school the worse they do in school. This country raised entire generations of some ethnicities to believe it is impossible for them to do well in school no matter how hard they try. Talk about making a group of people victims with no hope. It’s a massive disservice to those people.

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::sleeping::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting::face_vomiting:

1 Like

You in the know cats may have heard this term before, but “bamboo ceiling” is a new one for me

That’s not good. If they go back to Asia, odds are they’ll work for companies that directly compete against American companies.

That’s fine all companies are global now. Very easy to invest in Chinese companies via domestic and even foreign exchanges.

Yes, it’s fine for the investor class. It’s not so great for the working class. It could also be bad for your RE if too many tech jobs leave SV.

Have been happening for the past 10 years. Why suddenly worry just because of one article?
Only the Chinese are leaving, other races/ nationalities are still coming.

1 Like

That trend can’t continue forever without impacting the supply/demand of housing. There’s already net migration out of the bay area for US citizens. It’s made up for by foreign immigration. What if the foreign immigration stops, because they can get just as good of jobs in China, India, etc? The bay area will have net negative population growth.

How long would that take? 10 years? Deal with it 10 years later :slight_smile: or diversify!

1 Like