Next 10x Stock Winner

What top sites? eBay? Walmart? That’s why it’s a bet against Amazon. I think Amazon will get larger and larger share of ecommerce dollars over time. There is no need to sell across other channels.

Amazon is one of them.

2 Likes

If 90% of your sales comes from Amazon, why pay additional money to Shopify to manage multiple channels? By catering to all the other channels, Shopify is the lowest common denominator of all the channels. You won’t find Amazon-specific features in Shopify. That means sellers will need to log into Amazon seller website to access those features anyway.

You’re missing the other parts that Oracle and SAP do. Do you want to manually update Amazon with your inventory, or use Shopify to do your purchasing and it automatically updates your inventory on Amazon? It also helps people create their own site, so they can sell direct to customers. All while tracking the inventory no matter which system it sells on. It also helps with buying ads on facebook, google, etc. It does way more than must list your products for sale on Amazon. It saves from having to hire people or run other software for a bunch of functions.

2 Likes

No sellers use Oracle or SAP to run their business on Amazon. No sellers buy Facebook or Google ads for their Amazon listing because Amazon is already doing that on their behalf.

Does Shopify let users buy ads on Amazon for their listings? That’s by far the No.1 sales driver for Amazon listings. Does Shopify let users update pricing automatically on Amazon? Does Shopify create shipments going into Amazon warehouses?

All Shopify does for Amazon sellers is the initial listing of products. But even there different channels have different formats and fields. Walmart and Amazon allow different number of pictures, have different ad-copy formats, have different interfaces to their search capability. The list goes on and on. Even there sellers should not just trust Shopify’s lowest common denominator capability.

I really do not think it will hit 80, Citron projects 60. If it goes down to 90, I am really surprised. It is only next 10 days or 7 days.

In order to go to that level CITRON statement must be True and heavy selling has to happen. Current volume is 6x-7x (from 3M avg to 20M). It must be bigger scale and total shares float is 65M. Today, pull back proved it is not even reaching 90. I am really skeptical about $95. If it comes, I am happy to buy those.

If I am able to grab it at $95, I owe you a Party (lunch of your choice any restaurant at San Jose) !

$80 can happen when the entire market crashes, no doubt. That is the risk for all securities.

This is my view and my risk. Do not depend or take any action (like buy / sell) based on this input.

For me, someone like Citron says negative about SHOP is like someone throwing delicious cake telling me “worst cake even I have seen”. I have been watching this company for a long period since $70.

In fact, I had it 1000 shares (at 90 limit) first, reduced to 800 shares (at 95). Yes, I understand this is aggressive, no doubt. IMO, shop is too low at 90 or 95. If I grab this now, at some point, I may sell 600 or 500 or 400 which will give me my original money back.

The rest,I will hold the profit forever…It becomes like your AAPL !!

Worst case: If I lose entire stake, in case of market crash, I am still positive this year (as this almost 10 months over).

Last year, I was aggressive like this with TSLA buying at $154 and selling at $260

Exactly right, this is major benefit for all small and medium startups. A web company can be formed, UP and Running within 7 days !!

Here you go.

I want to open an internet shop, list my items, get it sold, invoiced…etc. In normal way, you need open Amazon shop, ebay shop…etc list one by one.

SHOP provides a cloud platform, subscriber based like NFLX, for three different prices.

You upload all your items, list price etc … have your own seller portal for that subscription.

Shop provides various templates to sell (like beauty items, toys etc…) and all these are plugins, easy to make it work

Shop also provides some interface to link to amazon and as well as Ebay and other sites where we can list those items for sale. This integration is nice feature.

With all these, any small or medium company, can host their website easily 1 to 7 days.

They have strong tie-up with Amazon, Ebay and many others. Their subscription is growing exponentially like NFLX.

Got it from blog

More information here

Now that you put it this way, I honestly do wish SHOP hits 95 :smiley: !!!

1 Like

There is no guarantee anywhere in the stock market, these are mere indicators. As a matter of principle, I usually stay away from stocks in the short term that pullback like that.

2 Likes

I have to presume you didn’t read the opening post + subsequent few posts. In any case, after monitoring for 2+ months, mostly traders in small cap :grinning: look like I have to behave like the crowd… not my original intent… hopefully can find one that I don’t need to… meanwhile trade like anybody else.

Thought you are so sure. Because of those bold words, I interpret the tone of the sentence to be very sure even though you qualify with “most likely”, kind of superseded by the tone.

Now that is clear that you’re not that sure. Why do you say $80 and not 200-day SMA? Did you mean 200-day SMA or are using other TA technique to get $80? Today, 200-day SMA = $80.54. Pretty sure, by the time SHOP touches 200-day SMA, it would be higher than $80. So not sure whether you really mean $80 or 200-day SMA.

SHOP offered 550 Million secondary offer at $91 this May 2017 and stock dipped 3% (dilution issue) at that time, but entire 550M was filled by investors. I missed this dip too…

https://investors.shopify.com/Investor-News-Details/2017/Shopify-Prices-US500500000-Offering-of-Class-A-Subordinate-Voting-Shares/default.aspx

This has given the company from good cash reserves, mainly out of any loans. So far, company grew, but slightly -ve profit margin. Since they have surplus cash on hand, they will soon be making good profit margin as they do not need to pay any interest !

Even though their revenue & Margins are low (as a startup), their cash reserve/shareholders equity is too good and customer base is increasing along with Economy. As long as I see US & Canadian Economy is growing, I really do not see any issue with SHOP in near future.

This is the main reason, I see support at $95 to $100 level (not 80 or 60)

1 Like

Costco is good at this 5% down price after good results. Need to reduce my SHOP limit order (still I have limit order) so that I can buy COST today !

Anyone will be lying if they say they are ‘sure’ about the stock market. We need to look at things with odds : how likely it is. And yes, it is likely to hit 80s with the way it is selling off. If you ask me my position with respect to it, I think its not ready for a buy and at the same time, I will not short it due to longer term trend being higher. Simple. I dont like to complicate things in my trading style.

Jil, hope you got some at 95.50 low (so far) of SHOP today!

1 Like

Like this comment. Longer term means 6 months or 1 year?

Anything beyond last few days! So, if you are investor, I agree, nothing to worry ! (For now)

1 Like

I was impatient today, got some at 98, rest left at 95 limit order.

It is almost nearing now, hope I will get it at $95. Since this is limit order, I am keeping it as it is. I hope it will hit today ! You are too good telling me it will come back (I never believed it yesterday) !

[edit]
Finally gave up ! Changed to $96 limit buy, let me see.

Unloaded 5 calls of VEEV, gain = 40% over 2+ weeks. So far, long calls at 200-day SMA works. Sold because is nearl 50-day SMA… safety… still got 400 shares. Long calls are opportunistic.

60 shares of SHOP at avg price of $102.26 :grinning: not yet 1 lot.
Red $348 :disappointed_relieved:

I did this exactly today, unloaded IRBT with appx 5% profit as I need to release money to buy SHOP !

1 Like