Tax Reform?

A large percent of that growth we preparing for Y2K which ended up being a non-event. Tech companies were getting rich off of upgrades. You also had loose revenue recognition standards creating the hardware bubble. That was going to end badly no matter what.

2 Likes

The biggest culprit was rewarded handsomely. Who is the creator of the Y2K issue?
MacOS didnā€™t have Y2K issue, and as such its market share shrunk even more during that period. It dawned on me, in business you want to create a deliberate fault to make more future profit. Fortunately the fruit company doesnā€™t employ such strategy.

1 Like

It all depends on who you ask. Pelosi says that tax reform is a scam; Paul could give you a totally different answer.

We have to look from economics instead of politics. Politicians are not known for telling truth or being wise.

Are Pelosi and Paul politicians?
Are you saying economists are better than politicians in forecasting economic events?

1 Like

Economists are mostly academics and lean far left. Itā€™s why they say tax rate cuts decrease tax revenue even though its never happened that way. Itā€™s why they carry the line of government budget issues are revenue problems. They never call it a spending problem.

Most of press is focused on 2 things:

1. Tax reform does not benefit its audience, itā€™s only for the rich. Actually this tax reform is good for most of the middle class except the upper middle class in CA, NY, NJ

2. Tax reform is not good for economy. This one is hard to believe. When you lower corporate tax rate, US will attract more businesses and more job opportunities for the unemployed and underemployed. This reform is crucial for Trump since itā€™ll bring job opportunity to his supporters in Midwest and other places. I guess they will work really hard to make it pass.

It does not bring tax cut for us in CA. But corporate tax cut and the rising stock market will stimulate economy and hopefully BA commanies can benefit a lot and will pay our people a lot more than the tax cut middle Americans get

Politicians are known for their dishonesty and their analysis is worth nothing. Econimists have their political beliefs and they represent the elite class anyway. Thereā€™s a deep distrust towards politicians and academics alike. Most of the population only believe their common sense, thatā€™s why well educated, well polished and experienced politicians fail to win elections

1 Like

The companies effected have already said they wonā€™t reinvest. They donā€™t need the tax break already have too much moneyā€¦What is the urgency. No tax change needed.
Economy is doing great

First do no harm. If it ainā€™t broke why fix it?

1 Like

How do we know thatā€™s true for most businesses? How do we know those CEOs really represent American business community? If they are 100% against Trump, they would say anything to discredit everything he does. If tax reform fails, we can blame his incompetence and blame he broke his campaign promises. If the tax reform is delivered, we can say itā€™s useless and itā€™s unfair

Hundreds of millionaires are asking to increase their tax. If you really raise millionaires tax, do you think most millionaires will be really happy about it?

Media is selectively reporting. Iā€™m ok with them to say only bad things about Trump, but we need to be wise in order to get correct reading of the tax reformā€™s real impact. Itā€™s not election time, we can focus on real economic analysis and not political paint brushing

If we say 1000 bad things about Trump every day, does it improve our life?

1 Like

Then you should stop mentioning Pelosi.

Do people really open their mouths not knowing we in CA are 10+% of the entire population in the US?

I donā€™t want to know how many Americans live in NY, NJ, and Ct.

This is a surgical attack towards those who have been sustaining the economy. Killing the proverbial hen of the golden egg.

If you are that stupid, shouldnā€™t you be mad at keeping your wallet open so other states can survive with your money?

Singing to the audience, or the media, as some poor souls keeps saying?

Dear Congresmen and Congresswomen,

Iā€™m willing to live a simple life and please set my tax rate at 100% for earnings above 35k.

If you lower my tax rate, I wonā€™t buy anything extra and itā€™ll be useless for economic development.

Signed
A Good Heart

1 Like

I should have said republicans want smaller non-military government. Our defense spending is insane, but when you look at it in GDP terms itā€™s actually been pretty flat.

Yes, military spending increased under Bush, but it was still lower than cold war spending.

Blaming military spending for the deficit is bad math. Itā€™s the social program spending thatā€™s skyrocketed as a percent of GDP.

Google is your friend.

Contrary to what Republicans would have you believe, super-high tax rates on rich people do not appear to hurt the economy or make people lazy: During the 1950s and early 1960s, the top bracket income tax rate was over 90%ā€“and the economy, middle-class, and stock market boomed.

I say reduce spending first then tax reformā€¦ As far as corporate tax, reduce it for specific deeds. If they repatriate
or build new plants or train and hire more Americansā€¦ Nothing in the house plan does thatā€¦

1 Like

That was the BS campaign, bring jobs back to America.

By the way, now we are Mexicans. We are paying for the wall. :grin::grin::grin::grin::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

If we are really people with good heart, we should set tax rate at 100% for all income level and give everyone $10k stipend per year to live a modest life. Give all the excess money to the people under poverty in the whole world. Whatā€™s your take, my fellow good guys?

Thereā€™ll be no wars, no military spending, no borders, no congress and no president

1. After WW2, the US was the only developed country that wasnā€™t severely damaged. Our factories were literally the only ones left in the world. Our economy would have boomed no matter what.

2. The 90% rate only applied to the highest of incomes or about 10,000 households. So comparing that to 39.6% which applies to over 1M households. today isnā€™t even close to equivalent.

3. The 90% only applied to income. The capital gains tax was 25%. Most of the rich earn their money off investment gains, so theyā€™d only pay the 25%.

4. Effective rates were nowhere near 90%.

Well saidā€¦

Do you understand the difference between facts and opinions? Just because someoneā€™s opinion agrees with yours doesnā€™t make your opinion a fact. 25% of people think the sun orbits the earth. Just because you can find some of those people to agree with you doesnā€™t make that a fact.

When the cost is low, we buy from China, when tax is low, companies will move into America.

Trump aim is Make America Great Again, he wonā€™t rest until he achieve his vision. He has long vision and he is making a big push on tax reform which was not there last 30 years.