Why Are We Protecting Illegal Immigrants In This Country?

Nope. Not something i am super confident about.
It just sounded very trivial to me. If I were a citizen, my kid gets citizenship rightaway - either way. If I am a legal resident, my kid gets citizenship right away if they are born here. People who matter for this country have their heirs covered.

1 Like

Since the technical word for greencard is “PERMANENT resident visa”. Hence, that should be fine IMO.

Politics is about humans and humans are complicated. There is a lot of history and reasons why the 14th was put in place. You dig that up and you will step on a lot of raw nerves.

The most likely amendment is that of the 2nd. By the time my grandkids get to vote there may be some changes on that one.

1 Like

visa is not a right to be in a country, it’s a privilege :slight_smile: sorry - playing with words.

Travel Visa is a legitimate reason for coming to this country. You have a right to stay up to 6 months and if you give birth in this country your child is a citizen. I have a grandnephew in Beijing that is a citizen here.

“right” is not true. A visa is merely a privilege, which is my whole point. should a child who is born in the us (when parent is in the states just for the purpose of giving birth) be given citizeniship?

In Germany immigrants are not guaranteed citizens. Even their children born there. There are 6 million Turks in Germany that are not citizens. Similar issues in Moscow. 4 million illegals in the city.

It’s not like turks over there adopted to german way of life, anyway.

We need more people. If not for immigrants we would have turned into Japan, where senior diapers outsell baby diapers and youngsters are so hopeless many have given up sex.

get more people legally, no? we are discussing birth-right us citizenship.

Babies born on American soil are legal by the 14th amendment. What’s illegal about them?

We need more people that pay more taxes than government resources consumed. Adding more people that burden the public schools and healthcare systems with expenses they’ll never pay enough taxes to cover won’t help. It’ll just make budget deficits worse.

1 Like

We are discussing exactly that - what it should be (rather than what it is) with its pros and cons. You are saying we need more people. Ok, then let’s organize government sponsored tours to bring 1 million pregnant woman and pay for their kids, so they can get citizenship too, while we are at tht.

Studies I have seen say immigrants pay more to the system than benefits they take out.

Why won’t they enough taxes to cover it?

legal or illegal?

If they are illegal how can they pay income taxes? So at best they pay payroll and sales tax.

Another reason to have them inside the system instead of outside.

exactly.

I don’t get all these anger at immigrants stealing our benefits and resources. Do you personally know any illegal immigrants come here and sit on their hands all day? No. They came here to work their ass off.

Maybe you should point your anger at people in the Midwest collecting disability benefits while abusing opioids?

Good reason for amnesty.