Why Trump still may win

Formal apology signed by President George H. W. Bush

The Civil Liberties Act of 1988, “Restitution for World War II internment of Japanese-Americans and Aleuts,” states that it is intended to:

acknowledge the fundamental injustice of the evacuation, relocation, and internment of United States citizens and permanent resident aliens of Japanese ancestry during World War II;
apologize on behalf of the people of the United States for the evacuation, relocation, and internment of such citizens and permanent resident aliens;
provide for a public education fund to finance efforts to inform the public about the internment of such individuals so as to prevent the recurrence of any similar event;
make restitution to those individuals of Japanese ancestry who were interned;
make restitution to Aleut residents of the Pribilof Islands and the Aleutian Islands west of Unimak Island, in settlement of United States obligations in equity and at law, for -
injustices suffered and unreasonable hardships endured while those Aleut residents were under United States control during World War II;
personal property taken or destroyed by United States forces during World War II;
community property, including community church property, taken or destroyed by United States forces during World War II; and
traditional village lands on Attu Island not rehabilitated after World War II for Aleut occupation or other productive use;
discourage the occurrence of similar injustices and violations of civil liberties in the future; and
make more credible and sincere any declaration of concern by the United States over violations of human rights committed by other nations.

That was DECADES later. They had already re-bought long before that. Were they protesting and rioting about it?

Agreed, and at least in SF we have had our share of prominent leaders who are/were Asian. If one wanted to be objective as hell, Ed Lee did a pretty good job steering this city out of the financial woes yet he has been ridiculed mercilessly recently. Yes, it is due to the strong majority liberal side of SF but come on, any other city in America would be putting Ed on a pedestal for the masterful job he did. Not here… How can one reasonably expect someone else, ASIAN OR NOT, to step in and do as good as a job he did over these last two terms in SF? That is a hard act to follow.

Ed Lee is alright. Don’t know what people’s problems are. Jane Kim on the other hand…

Just curious, anybody still thinks Trump will win?

October surprises are the best surprises. First we got “Miss Piggy” (OK, not technically October), then we got the 1995 “I am smart” tax return, now “grab them by the [bleep]”?

Silver lining: I so enjoy watching the Paul Ryan’s of the world explain how that’s fine behavior for the highest office in the land.

1 Like

He will lose. Hillary will be the first person that a majority of the country doesn’t trust to be elected president. They proved in the primaries that rules won’t stop them. Did you see the Stanford study on voter fraud in primaries? Nothing to see here just move along.

Here is the list of Republicans who are not supporting Trump

I see the timing is master-minded by someone in Democratic !

It doesn’t matter. They voted for Trump, and they have to own him to the very bitter end.

My call for Hillary landslide is looking better everyday. I think the presidential election is already over. Some open questions:

1. Will GOP lose the Senate too? I think that’s likely now, although that’s a nail biter still.

2. Will GOP lose the House? I don’t think so. But they will lose seats.

3. What will happen to GOP? That’s the fun question. Its current implosion started with the Tea Party nonsense. The old genteel business friendly centrist GOP has been dead for a decade now. With Trump it’s now full blown racist, mysogynist know-nothing. The white share of US voters go down 0.5% every year. GOP will find it increasingly hard to win elections. As it goes into decline the crazies will get a firmer and firmer grip.

You know GOP now stands for what? “Grab Our P***y”. Speaking of brand going toxic.

"Grab Our P***y"
Awesome name @manch

Time: A showdown fraught with peril for both candidates

We’re all losers here. Neither candidate represents a win for citizens.

It is funny people are so upset about what Trump said. They seemed to look the other way when Bill Clinton did inappropriate things. Women are deeply offended by Trump but have no issue with Hillary insulting Bill’s victims. Yeah, it’s really pro woman to verbally attack victims.

I don’t like the fact that Hilary always tries to pull out the women/children card every time. Heck, I am a woman and I don’t even like that.

2 Likes

What do you mean? The Republican congress tried to impeach the guy. Remember Kenneth Starr? And we are talking about consensual sex. Adultery, yes. Sexual assault, no.

Also, it’s Hillary running today, not Bill. Bill would lose if he were to run today. We don’t blame people for the wrongs of their spouses. As a wronged wife, “insulting” the 3rd parties is actually very minor and easily forgiven. If she were a guy, there would have been fist fights and people would understand.

It’s easy to see the difference: imagine you were to explain to your 10 year old kid. How do you explain to your kid it’s no big deal to casually talk about sexual assaults and why he’s OK to be president? Versus a wife who was cheated on and somehow that’s her problem?

I’m sorry but you can’t be pro woman when you insult victims of sexual misconduct. If you think this is about Monica, that just proves how far under the rug everything else was swept. There’s a long history of women accusing Bill of everything from unwanted touching, inappropriate comments, and rape. Hillary instantly went on the attack against the women every time. Monica was probably the least bad thing, since she actually consented. Although he did lie under oath about it. Once he said under oath that he didn’t do it, then they knew they had him if they could prove the sexual relationship.

Does anyone think Hillary would be a good president or is it just voting against Trump? A majority of Americans think she’s untrustworthy.

Trump said some bad stufff. He admitted it and apologized. Hillary deleted evidence under subpoena and thinks it was fine. If any of us did that, we’d be in jail. We wouldn’t be in jail for inappropriate comments.

You are repeating this statement 2nd time. When you repeat, I want to respond.

If major think she is untrustworthy, they won’t vote for her and she will be defeated in this election.

If she wins with landslide victory, do you agree you are wrong in this statement (or whoever is your source are wrong in their statement).

Why would majority people vote for her and elect as President of USA if they know her untrustworthy?

It looks like people are short sighted more than doing proper analysis and swayed away from truth.

The truth will be known by Nov 8th.

Just for curiosity, what is the main problem you are seeing on her?
Haven’t heard about her before and searched but couldn’t find main reason why many of this forum members don’t like her (or her policy?).

I go back to is anyone for Hillary or are they just against Trump? If people do trust her, then they clearly haven’t been paying attention. She still doesn’t admit or apologize for sending/receiving classified info on her server. She regrets having the server but using the server for non-classified e-mail isn’t really an issue. She says others used private e-mail. Yes, they did for non-classified info. She’s the one that used private e-mail for classified info. She either doesn’t understand the difference or is hoping the public doesn’t understand.

Hillary’s most attended event is 3,300 people. Most of her events are in the 100-400 range. Trump and Bernie were regularly having events that drew thousands. There events have lines of people attending them. Ever see a line of people waiting to support Hillary?

My main problems:

1. Degrading victims of her husband
  2. Benghazi (she knowingly lied to the public about the cause of the attack)
  3. Destroying subpoenaed evidence. (we’d all go to jail for that)
  4. Lying about sending/receiving classified materials on her private server
  5. Clinton foundation (some of the donors make Trump look like a choir boy)

It’s not her specifically, but it’s amazing what the democratic party has gotten inner city voters to believe. They convince them that breadcrumb government handouts are their best opportunity in America. If you look at the 30 least-safe cities, almost every single one has been exclusively democrat mayors since the 1960’s. What do those people have to show for it? They live in areas with horrible schools, high crime, and almost no jobs since businesses left thanks to high crime. Instead of fixing those cities, they buy their votes with breadcrumb handouts.

You are going round they way both Hillary and Trump had the debate yesterday deviating from the point !

You said “A majority of Americans think she’s untrustworthy”

If she wins Nov 8th, it shows majority trust her. Do you agree your statement is wrong after she wins !

Why would majority people vote for her and elect as President of USA if they know her untrustworthy?

People have to vote for option A or option B. I think most people are voting for the perceived lesser of 2 evils. She will not get a majority of the popular vote.