1M budget what would you pick to invest - condo in SF vs SFH in Berkeley/Oak?

I have 22 properties for sale.

The owner is planning on selling them pretty soon. I am doing the tax deferral program for him. :smiley::smiley:

@valhalla Are you looking to move in or rent out?
The SFH I have is closer to the new Whole Foods in Northside, popular with families and grad studentsā€¦ currently 3 PhD candidates renting the house for $3.6K. Schools are 9ā€™s, safe and median income is higher than at Ashby according to the recently posted thread. Map apparently shows richest, poorest neighborhoods by BART station

Personally I am looking to exchange for a hassle-free rental since I wonā€™t be living there as originally intended. So Iā€™d trade appreciation (and related property taxes) for lower cost property with higher return now. If there is a way to do this easily, please add your comments, forum members

Exchange into a NNN

I doubt many renters have heard of it, including meā€¦ it sounds like something for commercial properties.

Usually a ground lease. Like a McDonaldā€™sā€¦ You own the land they lease it from youā€¦ They pay all expensesā€¦aka Triple Netā€¦ Google it
You find sites offering these kind of propertiesā€¦ usually 20 years lease

The best deal? Invest in companies that come, grab your money, build a ā€œwhateverā€ real estate, a home, a building, whatever, you earn 8%, guaranteed, and if, for some reasons the deal is not paid by the builder, you get to own the building proportionally to what you are owed. You double or triple or quadruple your investment.