2018 Housing Predictions

That’s right. 1995 was also a better time to invest than 2011. 1985 better yet. 1975 the best. :wink:

I’m not in USA. Also, still in college. Dead broke.

You mean, Top Ramen Period???

1 Like

I was lucky enough to be able to invest in 1976. Had $2000 saved from summer jobs. Bought a house with three others… turned that $2k plus sweat equity into $10k in 10 months… Was hooked on flipping for life…

1 Like

@hanera If you dont mind sharing, what zip in Austin are you buying in ? Thanks

78759 NW Austin - Low cap rate but good appreciation. Old SFHs on large lot (>10,000). Plan to re-develop in the future.
78717 Avery Ranch - Popular with hi-tech guys.
78660 Pflugerville, a suburb of Austin - High cap rate but low appreciation. New SFHs on smaller lot (<8,000).

Essentially, North of Austin. S/SW of Austin is good too… just want to stay focus.

1 Like

So lesson learned. Buy now before it’s 2045.

2 Likes

Of course with the advent of medicine I will only look and feel like a 40 year old by then… :rofl:

Don’t count on it.

But if you believe it–and even if you don’t–those will still be good stocks to invest in.

What are you guys using to get zip code and city specific RE sales data? Trulia stopped updating in August.

Redfin.

Californians too

NYT is left leaning, previously it predicted Hillary would win by a landslide :joy:

1 Like

You mean @manch? :joy:

1 Like

@manch has very poor judgement in politics as well as finance… :rofl:

Mind you my stock performance still trumps you all. :wink:

In politics, finance and everything else, I am never wrong, just early. 2018’s gonna be wild. Fasten your seatbelt. :slight_smile:

I think most people in the country will get more money in the pocket after tax. Media’s badmouth of tax reform will die quickly. The people are not idiots, they have a brain. If media continues their poor or dishonest reporting, the voters can deal them another blow, just like 2016.

People are not idiots, at least not forever.

1 Like

If I do save on taxes I will save a hell of a lot more as a Nevada resident…

2 Likes

That’s true. But California can also reduce state income tax, who knows how much taxpayer will react. It could happen quickly when taxpayers are so angry by media’s portrait.

We can have a repeat of Prop 13 with state income tax.

Um… any bitcoin investor would’ve trumped you handily… why compare yourself to us “losers”… :rofl:

Anyhow… you are right about one thing… 2018 is indeed gonna be wild… :rofl::rofl::rofl: