2021 IPO

WB bought snowflake that’s trading at over 100 times sales. You should blame WB instead of the Robinhood kids.

Blame? I want to buy with them and profit!

Roblox Corp. delayed its planned IPO after company officials decided that the gravity-defying performance this week of Airbnb Inc. andDoorDash Inc. made it too difficult to determine the right price for the videogame company’s shares.

Roblox had been set to go public in December, part of a year-end rush of companies seeking to tap the red-hot market for initial public offerings. Just like with other recent issues, the San Mateo, Calif., company, valued at around $4 billion earlier this year, was expected to draw strong investor demand.

But it announced to employees in a memo late Friday that the listing would be delayed until early next year.

Another delay:

Affirm Holdings Inc. is postponing its initial public offering, according to people familiar with the matter, the second company in as many days to pull back from the red-hot IPO market.

The point-of-sale lender, which had been set to begin marketing its shares to investors this coming week ahead of a December listing, now won’t go public until January at the earliest, the people said. While the reasons aren’t entirely clear, people familiar with the matter cited the extreme first-day pops this past week in the shares of DoorDash

Both Roblox and Affirm think the insane IPO pop left too much money on the table. May now go direct or SPAC instead.

Snowflake’s ($SNOW) price to sales ratio hit 245 this week with a market cap of over $120 billion.

Has there ever been a company this large with a valuation this high? I don’t believe so.

Back in the dot-com mania, Cisco briefly hit a price to sales ratio of 39x. That was considered extreme at the time.

https://compoundadvisors.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/csco-ps-ratio-12-8.png

Two IPO’s this week. Wish is based in SF and Upstart at San Mateo.

I thought we are supposed to be in terminal decline.

:man_shrugging:

Gonna be yuge!

2 Likes

I have opened an account with Coinbase :slight_smile: Intend to buy few thousand dollars worth of bitcoin when it is trading at around $2k-$3k. Somehow, I got lazy and forgetful. What to do, old man.

Trade Coinbase stock after IPO !

1 Like

Interesting chart looking back at the unicorn class of 2014:

4 Likes
  • Shares of Affirm, an online payments company, began trading on the Nasdaq.
  • Affirm priced its shares at $49 apiece, above its target range of $41 to $44 each.
  • The stock began trading at $90.90 per share.

Company based in San Francisco.

:rocket:

2 Likes

Unbelievably over priced for something that’s another money lender. I know a few folks who went there.

They don’t lend their own money. That’s what makes them a tech company. Otherwise it’s just a lowly bank.

1 Like

Redwood City company.

:rocket:

1 Like

I am a little scared with all the soaring IPOs. Looks like all the IPO coming out have been 100% increase.

1 Like

Welcome to the Tulip party :slight_smile: The million dollar question is when would the Tulip mania ends. What could be the catalyst?

1 Like

This looks like a winner.

Matterport is based in Sunnyvale.

1 Like

You know you can’t get enough of Chamath!

Bloomberg: The King of SPACs Wants You to Know He’s the Next Warren Buffett

Archive link if you are paypalled out: https://archive.is/G8UbZ

The immigrant kid who bootstrapped his way into riches at Facebook Inc., made billions as a risk-hungry investor and became the pied piper of the current blank-check craze now envisions himself as nothing less than the Warren Buffett of the Reddit era.

“Nobody’s going to listen to Buffett,” Palihapitiya, the founder of Social Capital, said in a Bloomberg “Front Row” interview. “But there has to be other folks that take that mantle, take the baton and do it as well to this younger generation in the language they understand.”

Palihapitiya estimates his wealth at somewhere between $10 billion and $15 billion, much more than public disclosures would suggest.

1 Like