51st state: New California

The googler population in SF is peanuts compared to burbs, i mean sure, it’s because the hq is there, but i don’t think your argument makes much sense. Google has offices in a bunch of cities too (rwc, svl, etc).

1 Like

Again, if the south bay were so good why did all those people move North to live in San Francisco? If anything, they would have moved south to be where the “action” of San Jose is, right?

Google also has shuttles to take people from burbs to SF. It is both ways.

Obviously I am not only talking about Google for Google sake. The invention of the “Google” bus is directly related to the exodus of people to SF to live. Are you saying that I am imagining things? Shouldn’t SF be a ghost town then? Please…

You are trying to make an argument for arguments sake.
There are people that loves burbs (like myself), and those who love the city (like some of my friends). The second group tend to become first group over time, but the other way is less likely from my experience. City is good, don’t get me wrong, but i lived in a city with ~15-20M population, and it was probably more fun than SF if not more diverse, but i came to hate it over years.

Where did you grow up?

1 Like

Google buses go to Morgan Hill and Gilroy too. Does that mean a Gilroy must have a lot of action, because google employees want to live there? They literally have busses that cover the entire Bay Area. It’s not like they only have buses to SF, since that’s the only place google employees want to live.

You should check the population growth of SF vs SJ. You can go back to 1960 and SF has grown by less than 20%. San Jose has grown by almost 400%. You can’t argue there’s an exodus to SF when your population growth is tiny.

The lack of kids in SF is a clear data point that shows people love SF when they are young and leave when they start a family. There’s literally no way you can argue against that. You can’t be a great city if people don’t want to raise kids there.

I guess you can ignore all data and cling to your arbitrary opinion.

1 Like

I grew up in San Francisco Sir. I am consistent with my beliefs and statements. I am not wishy washy. I have cited evidence that certainly proves my case more so than the reverse. Google buses came about to address the mass exodus of workers who wanted to live in a more fun and happening town like San Francisco. That, is a fact. If that was not an indictment of how pathetic quality of living is down there in places like San Jose I don’t know what to tell you…

Let’s make Mexico the 51st state…Already dominates 4 border states…Would make border issues mute and allow Americans to own Mexican beach front property

https://blogs.ancestry.com/cm/whats-the-most-popular-surname-in-your-state/

2 Likes

Werent we gonna build a wall around it?

Lot easier to build a wall on the Guatemalan border…lol

Highly support Mexico to be our 51st state. That should make people of both countries happy. Why not write to the congress and this idea could get bipartisan support.

However, the process should be 2 step. First make Mexico an American territory just like Puerto Rico. It’s free immigration flow, but Mexico needs to be fiscally independent for 100 years. Then make it 51st state.

You pointed to an anecdote then extrapolated. The actual data is the population growth. If you were right, the population of SF would be booming. It’s barely increased over the last 60 years. Also, google buses aren’t exclusive to SF. For your thesis to be true, google would only have buses to SF. The buses literally go all over the entire bay area.

Population of SF declined in the 70s and 80s
The hippie invasion and the radical left drove the middle class out. Most moved to the Peninsula. Tech boom is bringing people back. Ironic how the invaders that drove out the previous generation resent the newcomers… Karma is a bitch… lol

1 Like

Those hippies are the worst, they created so many stupid leftist regulations that Millenials are much less liberal than these outdated hippies

All I am saying is that the buses came about because workers moved to SF. Is that not what happened? What happened in the Mission District? Was I dreaming? I have nephews and nieces who moved to SF for the reasons I cited: excitement and fun. I did not put a gun to their heads. Tell me, did the phenomena of the google buses happen in response to people moving to say SJ or SF? Easy question.

Woah! Chill.

Lots of people moving to SF, lots moving to SJ. SJ is really coming up in housing prices.

SF has its benefits, SJ is the opposite. They’re going to attract different kinds of people. If you like SF, that’s cool, we can love you as you are, but don’t attack those who like SJ with its sun and warmth and larger backyards and big-box stores and parking. There’s something for everyone in the Bay Area. And elt1’s in Tahoe. Which is an extension of the Bay Area. :slight_smile:

Google has busses coming from everywhere including East Bay. Presence of the busses isn’t going to tell us much until they have a stream of them coming all day long.

1 Like

I hope the tech invasion drives out all the old hippies. They can all get old school buses like the magic bus and drive out to Blackrock canyon and set up a permanent Burning Man retirement community…

Oh my! Don’t say that too loudly in SF. You’ll get lynched.

Hey @Terri, maybe you can help @marcus335 out by filling out the 3 things that someone in say Peoria might list as the reasons why they would want to spend a few days if not a week in San Jose? Take your time, @marcus, is…:grinning:

I went to high school there, never to return. I was in Lick Wilmerding high school in 1967. Watched those filthy hippie pigs steal the town. Have never forgiven them…
Notice the population decline in the 70s…100k left from 1950-1980

And even so the hippies forced rent control on a city that did not need it
why force rent control on a dying city…Thank God for the Tech invasion…

http://worldpopulationreview.com/us-cities/san-francisco-population/

1 Like