2. The Rose Garden
  3. The Tech museum
  4. There’s an Olive Garden, Cheesecake Factory, LEGO store, and Panera Bread
  5. You work at Apple
  6. My best friend lives there.
1 Like

Olive Garden? A world destination…lol

2 Likes

:slight_smile: They have good calamari and stuffed mushrooms. And I like their one of their soups.

I thought we were talking about why to live there.

I had a friend’s father from DC, visit. Drove to Hayward in rush hour traffic from Redwood city to Olive Garden…Its a national chain…hardly a reason to live here…Plus their main ingredient is salt…

All that’s happening is some people are leaving and others are replacing them. You aren’t seeing population growth. The bus argument is exceptionally weak, because they literally cover the entire bay area. You also seem to determined to keep confusing living with vacationing.

Let’s see what happens when your nieces and nephews get married and start having kids. Odds are they’ll leave SF to raise a family the way others do.

I am not an advocate for SF, but I don’t see anything wrong with raising a family there. I grew up in SF and I think I turned out okay.

1 Like

Come on, not just okay more than fine. And I say that not as a kiss-up but I feel that the notion that schools in SF are crap is completely overblown and incorrect. Far from it. All my siblings went to Lowell, all went to UC, and all are homeowners in the Bay Area and working good jobs or are fortunate to be housewives with law degrees going unused (sorry lil sis). My friends who I grew up with in the city all turned out fine as well. I can easily point to kids who went to suburb schools that turned out less than fine and give you a SF bred kid who went on to med school. Suburbia schooling is not all its cracked up to be. Seriously.

I think growing up in a world class city has its appeal (albeit SF is ghetto but it’s still up there on the global list). This might be more of a generalization but people growing up in big cities tend to be more street smart and can think quick on their feet. That’s not to say people growing up in suburbs can’t, but I don’t think we should completely dismiss the notion of raising a family in the city.

Hardly any kids left in SF…the middle class took their kids and left