7 Worst Vastu Home Features

It is not on the corner.
It is between corner house and dead-end but closer to corner house. (Maybe, my description is confusing.)
I don’t like corner house either. :slight_smile:

I don’t live on cul-de-sac now (still on quiet street without much through traffic) but when I lived on cul-de-sac, my kids were playing outside with neighbors’ kids more often and hardly any traffic.
I don’t have much knowledge on Feng Shui, but the benefit of cul-de-sac for families with kids is much more obvious to me than Feng Shui.

1 Like

If your lot is not rectangular, it matters whether the long side is facing the street. Long sure no good. Money comes in but doesn’t stay. Short side is better. Money comes in and gets trapped.

A Vietnamese coworker once told me.

All these are lies homeowners want you to believe

1 Like

What about retangular?
Not bad / not good?
Both of mine have rectangular shape.

Best lot is circular lot. Unique. One of a kind.

Rectangular is the best shape. Is there a Korean equivalent of Feng Shui?

So Chinese :slight_smile:
Unknown

Good Feng Shui essentially means good living environment.

1. House faces South, and Hill behind the house and river in front of the house.
    Reason: In China, winter gale comes from the North, so need a hill to block the wind. Livelihood (such as traveling and washing clothes) need the river, in front of the house is much easier to get to. Today, we wants the road to be in front of the house too :slight_smile: and facing South is good because Sun rises from the East and set in the West, no direct Sun into the house. As for wind, so long the frequent wind doesn’t directly blow through your house should be ok. The winter wind blows across my house which I always don’t feel it because I have left and right neighbors, only feel it when I walk out into the garden.

2. T-junction is not good.
    Reason: Carts can ramp into your house. Today, it will be cars with drunken drivers would ramp into your house as pointed out by elt1. Even if they don’t ramp into your house, the car light from the incoming traffic can shine into your house. Also, heavier traffic than side roads.

Using the workflow and airflows, and noting that China is in Northern hemisphere and temperate, you would understand why those Feng Shui rules.

1 Like

Some people (usually my parents generation or older) care about Feng Shui in Korea too but most of them don’t care (and they do not know what it is exactly). There is no Korean version of Feng Shui.
We lived in Seoul and in Seoul, most of people live in high rise buildings (not much of SFHs).

People do care about

1. Good school district (rich neighborhood?)
  2. Proximity to subway station
  3. Within the community, facing south is preferred (Koreans love lots of sunlight inside).
  4. Within the building, people avoid the lowest 20% and the highest 10%.
  5. The only thing we avoid is number 4 of which pronunciation is same with death. They usually name 4th floor as F-floor.
1 Like

So Koreans don’t like number 4 either? :scream:

Hills behind house is no good now. It makes the backyard dark and danger of mudslide.

1 Like

Sound like Singaporeans.

Doors facing doors allow for healthy cross-ventilation and natural cooling. Bedrooms with balconies on both sides are especially nice.

That’s kind of crazy! Cul-de-sac’s are more desirable for families.

And kids have a place to bike around with very little traffic.

You’re not the first person saying that to me, but I have my rules. It works out, less competition for you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just found this site and it pretty much talks about all the things we mentioned:

For the cul de sac one (#7), I would be ok with the ones at 3, 4, 8, 9 oclock. They are also pretty strict on all the houses around a T junction.

1 Like

Yup that pretty much means no cul de sac for me since corner homes are out. It’s interesting that houses #5 and 6 on the T junction diagram are problematic too…

So would you avoid ALL cul de sac even if they were a much longer street or you would just avoid the circle part?

2 Likes

Middle section of a long Cul De Sac should be alright.

The writer of this article wants to get deals on cul de sacs.

4 Likes