AAPL and Apple

For people like me, no need for earbuds (which I don’t use) and chargers (has plenty from previous iOS devices). Why need earbuds when has AirPods?

Not surprising. With ARM-based MAC, iPad and :desktop_computer: :computer: are similar products of different form factor/configurations.

:computer: built-in display/ keyboard/ trackpad/ stand
:desktop_computer: built-in display/ stand
iPad - built-in display
Mac Pro - no built-in peripherals

Do we still need a :mouse2:? Or a trackpad?

Consider the purchasing decision facing a laptop buyer next year: an iPad Pro with a trackpad and a touchscreen that runs iPad apps, or a MacBook with a trackpad and no touchscreen that runs iPad apps and Mac apps. Increasingly, the distinction between them could be more about form factor than about capability.

Maybe no trackpad MBP with touchscreen :grinning:

Good essay by an ex-Microsoft exec on Apple’s ARM mac migration.

Developers don’t need touch screen Macs. Consumers do. As usual the article focuses on separate pieces of technology and didn’t have the depth of Sinofsky’s own essay that talks at length about org structure, business strategy and execution.

Reading Sinofsky’s essay, it occurs to me why Apple didn’t follow the WFH fad and opt for employees to return to office. That level of synchronization is impossible with phoning it in from Kansas. It’s more than just being secretive.

Interesting. Mr. Steve Sinofsky who was Chief of Windows 8, the most hated windows release, thinks ARM-based mac will be the ultimate developer PC.

Finally read the article. How come I don’t sense that?

First, the people at Apple are amazing. Yes everyone says that and believes that but boy everyone at Apple is the world’s best at their thing.

Good for me :slight_smile: make me $ :money_mouth_face:

New ATH :man_dancing:

1 Like

Apple P/S and P/E ratios are the highest in the last 10 years. Rev CAGR is only 3.7%.

Another way to interpret the increased P/E is investors are changing their view of future performance of AAPL from a slow growth matured company to a growth :slight_smile: company. You have insisted that service :stuck_out_tongue: and wearables :money_mouth_face: businesses are non-starters despite evidences that they are growing like leaps and bounds. Given your horrid assessment of SHOP and TSLA, you need to re-read your business books or just go to college :slight_smile: to get a proper biz lecture.

Another happy day for AAPL investors.

a

1 Like

After hitting a new ATH of $393.91, bearish shooting star and bearish divergence with RSI. Is this a short term pull back so can BTFD or a reversal of the multi-month uptrend from Mar 23?

1 Like

Ignore today red, bull run resumes again soon. They will make it cross $400 easily. Market goes crazily all stocks up and up like nov-Jan run again.

1 Like

No way any RE can appreciate as fast as AAPL.
Instead of spending $2M to buy a Cupertino SFH, invested in AAPL, now worth $10M. Can sell 50% to buy a SFH in Cupertino and 10 SFHs in Austin and still hold plenty of AAPLs.

1 Like

From the chart, I only see this, that AAPL went straight up after Warren buffet started buying from $99 !

1 Like

Very few people buy a $2M house with all cash. If you only pay 20% down return would look much better on the RE side. Not to mention you need a roof over your head regardless. So why not turn that into an investment rather than an expense?

Some wise guy in Hong Kong once said, renting is the same as shorting the housing market. Buying your own house is neutral position. Only when you acquire rentals are you long the housing market.

Don’t short the SV housing market.

Instead of buy underlying, long LEAPS calls, return is 100x. Your $400k would be worth $40M :star_struck: It can be done, there is a recent article about a guy turned $35k to $1M in one :point_up: month trading calls.

Btw, house price didn’t double from 2016-now :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: So AAPL is still faster.

You should follow his return for the next 10 years. See if he lost everything at the end.

1 Like

Insurance industry makes money by limiting losses with any one insured, while making money with other insureds. Therefore, if losses are not kept under check to make a big gain. Easy Come Easy Go may prove right.