AAPL and Apple

Need to break above $166.84 to have any chance of challenging $170s.

Remember that I was telling last week how market can drop without AAPL coming to double top!

The max for AAPL is previous ATH that results double top.

1 Like

ļ£æ

First 20 mins is about AAPL products. I agree with his view on AR/VR glasses. I need an AR glass :slight_smile: and will buy the VR headset for evaluation purpose.

1 Like

:money_mouth_face:

In the future, TBTF banks are likely to be around. However, days for regional banks are numbered.

1 Like

4 days agoā€¦

Today, broke above $166.84 shortly after open.

Updated 1 year daily chartā€¦ not sure how to count internal waves of wave iiiā€¦

1 Like

Cookā€™s visit to India underscores Appleā€™s growing ambitions for the country, where despite having just a 3% market share the company has been expanding iPhone assembly via contract manufacturers, and also boosting its exports.

This should bring down the selling price of iPhone in India, thus enable Apple to capture a larger market share (currently 3% :)).

Earnings on May 4 is not as significant as the India news + WWDC Jun 5-9 (Mixed Reality Headset). For May 4 earnings, I am interested only in their buyback + dividends announcementā€¦ wishing for higher raise (10+%) for dividends and reduced buyback. And the growth rate of the services category.

WWDC Jun 5-9. All eyes on whether the rumored Mixed Reality Headset is able to launch metaverse from innovatorsā€™ phase to early adoptersā€™ phase. Early Majority phase can only happen with Apple glassā€¦ next yearā€¦ I guess.

Now and then, a youngster thinks he knows how business works.

:+1:

CAGR 26% since Jan 1, 2016.

Since 2016, new products releaseā€¦
:watch:
HomePod & mini
iMac Pro
Mac Studio
iMac, Apple silicon
Pro XDR Studio Display

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

In 2016, Apple is easy to understand. Not so easy earlier in 1997. Even so, many folks still think is already too large, too matured, no more S-curvesā€¦ so they prefer TSLA CRYPTO PLTR ENPH SNOW NET :face_with_hand_over_mouth: Young investors believe in ROI (radio on internet) :wink:

1 Like

AAPL makes new high :slight_smile: higher than previous recent high of $166.84. Less than 7% from ATH.

1 Like

Sundar pays top dollar for three Apple engineers. They are that good?

If they are that good of engineers, then wouldnā€™t Siri be better?

Apple ties their own hands to respect privacy and use limited data. I am not well verse in AI technology. Is it true that AI need lots and lots of data to train? Anyhoo, too few data, insufficient training. Looking from another perspective, there is no breakthrough in using limited data.

It does take a lot of data. Iā€™m learning a ton about AI lately. Iā€™m involved in building cost models for all the AI products under development. What Iā€™ve learned is converting speech into text is VERY compute intensive. Once text is created, then itā€™s inexpensive to apply AI models. Converting speech to text is a trade off between latency and accuracy. Allowing latency gives the model have more context which increases accuracy.

The backlog for nVidiaā€™s new H100 processor is 4-5 months. I wonder about the long-term growth for it. It appears it only needs to be used to train the models. Once they are trained, then they run on CPUs. Thereā€™s a training boom right now.

ChatGPT must have a very high training cost. However, once they train it the costs to run it would be very low. The margins are probably amazing. Training costs should hit R&D expense. I want to see a P&L for OpenAI. It should be all about hitting scale with revenue to cover the training costs. There would be an inflection point where the start printing profits.

2 Likes

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

Look like NVDA still have some rooms to runā€¦ after that, might have to re-assess.

2 Likes

Yet another new high. Earning is on May 4 :grimacing:

1 Like