AAPL and Apple

If dips? BTFD :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Yummy for you

1 Like

Beat top and bottom lines. Share price hardly moved. Not good enough for Mr Market.
Screen Shot 2023-05-04 at 3.53.44 PM

No idea how to count the internal structure of the intermediate (multi-week) waves. Below is just one possible count :blush:

1 Like

Apple revenue fell YoY. But moar financial engineering saves the day.

You are quick to throw mud :slight_smile: Anyhoo, some maths for you…

Revenue = Product sales * GPM (product) + Services sale * GPM (service)
Don’t you like that Services which have the higher GPM is growing :moneybag:
Btw, as an investor, share price :stuck_out_tongue: weighs more than revenue (small fluctuations are ok, increasing would be splendid).

I was just pointing out the fact that Apple is not a growth company. Sure it can have high margins. But if revenue is not growing (it’s in fact falling) it can be a great cash cow but not going to be in the leading wave companies for the next era.

Contrasts that with Microsoft. Similar age. But Microsoft has been very aggressive in getting into new markets. Apple is just coasting on old glories.

1 Like

Huh! Chasing latest hype is good? What ChatGPT is what many tech companies trying to do decades ago. Then is called intelligent agent or secretary or daemon or something like that… can’t remember the exact words used… many decades ago. MSFT has been trying to figure out… their engineers are crappy… need to adopt ChatGPT… shame on MSFT.

You have been sleeping on your wheel. Anyhoo, Apple won’t announce any vapor wares. Products will be announced when they are ready for mass adoption. Not the same as MSFT and TSLA.

Please look through the revenue for a few years. Don’t just repeat what media claimed.

Tomorrow Very likely AAPL will touch Double Top !

1 Like

View of sure-to-moon growth stock investors.

2-yr return of hot favorites of gen-z investors vs AAPL…

Revenue has been increasing, obviously not in a straight line, occasionally decline a little. Buy n hold investors look at multi-year trend not quarterly trend.

Hmm… AirPods not shown? Services not shown? I’ll see whether I can get a better chart.

Timeline of Services, only up to 2016

Please note that 2nd hand Apple products sold by third parties are not recorded as Apple product sales. These 2nd hand Apple product consumers use Apple services, hence services revenue is growing even though product revenue has declined. In the longer run, these 2nd hand Apple product consumers are likely to buy new Apple products.

1 Like

Sale increase (in %) the most in Rest of Asia Pacific :grinning: Europe second.
Revenge spending by Chinese (in China) started slowly after re-opening, is gathering momentum. The next quarter would be interesting.

Screenshot 2023-05-05 at 8.37.49 AM

Now waiting for what WWDC would bring.

Sold

Remember that I was telling how market can go down without Apple reach double top!

Watch the fun next week for SPX market esp after Tuesday!

1 Like

Joe’s response to a savvy growth stock trader who is bathing in blood…

I am wondering whether he says the same thing in 2016-2017.

Meanwhile, AAPL is about 5% below ATH.

Apple can’t acquire too many companies because FTC might think is anti-competitive behavior. So buy back own shares.

1 Like

Actual reason: Dividends are taxed, buybacks are not taxed but increases value of holders.

If aapl pays 60B dividends ( even one time ) all are taxed, but if they buyback 60B, they are not taxable!

Big players, supports buybacks. Congress ( dem. Mainly ) wants to tax buyback. It is decade long fight since Obama period onwards.

Single dimension?

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1655331925442035713

From Mar 16, 2020 market bottom…

1 Like