AAPL and Apple

Vertical integration is supply chain that is company owned. Apple does not own any supply chain, so no doubt Tesla is superior. But that is Apple’s business model. So not sure if that is valid comparison.

Not sure what is meant by ecosystem.

1 Like

Vertical integration was big 100 years ago. Ford famously had the river rouge facility where raw iron ore went in one end and cars came out the other. There’s a reason companies went away from it. I wonder what Tesla thinks they know that everyone else doesn’t. GM and Ford even spun-off their automotive component makers (Delphi and Visteon) a couple of decades ago.

1 Like

Those who don’t read history, always think whatever hot is innovation :slight_smile: and superior.

Styles go in a circle. Vertical integration (early Auto industry), Horizontal specialization (PC industry), now back to vertical :slight_smile: I recalled early behemoths all have financial services division, seem to be coming back. Apple is entering financial services now.

2 Likes

Talking about Apple headsets or Apple glass? These are not news.

Metaverse are apps like Second Life and Meta(Facebook)'s Horizon Worlds. Are there anything else? I heard about these, but never experienced them. Is there a large population participating (or playing) in these platforms?

Meta has Oculus for Horizon Worlds.

On the other hand, if and when Apple comes out with Apple Glass, what Metaverse platform can it be used on? Can be plugged in to play with Horizon Worlds?

So far so good.

1 Like

Bears attack. Holding steady…

Screen Shot 2022-04-29 at 12.56.33 PM

AAPL is trading above 200-day SMA :+1:
So long not below $150.10, optimistic that a new ATH before next earning.

Perma bull comments…

Below show the importance of Apple factories to China…

AAPL breaks, stock market meltdown. Holding my breath :pray:

1 Like

Investors of AAPL, S&P and TSLA are spared the agony of investors of high growth stocks that are in megatrends and are disrupting the incumbent ‘dinosaurs’.

路遥知马力

1 Like

EW picture posted on Mar 24 is still in play. Albeit I was wrong, wave i is below ATH.
Wave i $179.61
Wave ii $153.27

Almost all my wealth are in AAPL and TSLA so I’m a happy camper :money_mouth_face:

1 Like

Tried the M1 iPad Air for a month. It’s great in terms of smoothness screen etc. However, concluded a larger screen is needed for our specific use cases.

Returned it. Got a M1 iPad Pro 12.9 512gb in its place.

1 Like

What do you all do with large iPads? Genuine curiosity. I still not sure there is a need for me between my largish phone and macbook pro when i want a bigger screen.

Handwritten notes. Writing down formulas and stuff. Then having books/epub/pdf opened with the notes at the same time in 2 separate apps on a larger screen . Easy to read both at the same time.

2 Likes

ARKK has broken below Mar 14, that is, many high growth stocks have broken below Mar 14 low.

Fortunately, holding my breath, both AAPL and TSLA are above Mar 14. However, they broke below ichimoku cloud, 50-day SMA and 200-day SMA.

1 Like

For your buy and hold on AAPL and TSLA, are you going to do anything if it falls further? If not, may be take a break & chill till everything settles :wink:

My only buy n hold stocks are AAPL and S&P index. I didn’t sell any of them except in 2007 when I upgraded from a townhouse to a SFH, and in 2011 when I bought a 2nd SFH in CU… both time sell some AAPLs. This is my main stock portfolio which comprises bulk (can’t tell you the %) of the total stock portfolio. Btw, AAPL appreciated a lot more than those SFHs, so worse off than not selling AAPL.

TSLA is in the speculative high growth stock portfolio which is now being obliterated. If this stock portfolio is wipeout, no more speculative stock investment for me. Bye bye.

I have been watching TV serials for months. Every time I logged in, SHOCK! So far, is not as bad as in 2000 (dotcom bust), bottomed with few % of initial investment.

1 Like

Dow Jones Futures Tumble As Market Correction Extends Losses; Why Apple Is An ‘Absolute Loser’

AAPL is an absolute loser because? It refuses to go into a bear market i.e. has yet to decline more than 20% from ATH despite increasing number of high growth disruptive-to-dinosaur stocks decline more than 90% from ATH.

AAPL dropped to number two largest market cap. An oil stock became the largest.