AAPL and Apple

Remember this, WB has appx 120B+ in AAPL, big stake.

Now, he is taking similar big amount with OXY. When he takes such a large amount, he is pretty sure about the company future. OXY is almost 150% YTD up.

That is the beauty of his solid research about investment, he makes sure it is winning horse for long hold.

1 Like

Apple, like most tech companies, is also dealing with foreign exchange headwinds caused by a strong dollar, which is eating into overall revenue. Tech companies like Apple are also getting squeezed by a hawkish Fed, persistent inflation, and a consumer slowdown that’s led to muted expectations for the upcoming holiday season.

Still selling fear. Apple has sophisticated currency hedging, cash hoard that earn interest and pricing power.

2 Likes

Fear can only sell so much. Apple’s earnings reaction signals the stock probably bottomed. The stock market likely bottomed already.

Screenshot 2022-10-28 at 8.45.00 AM

As expected, gap up after earning. In above count, expect to go above 200-day SMA before a pull back. Current 200-day SMA is at $156. We need AAPL to close above the red line at $152.19 for more upside next week.

1 Like

1 Like

Mac sales were strong which is crazy considering the overall decline in PC sales.

1 Like

:+1:

Is why to an investor, AAPL is a better investment than other tech stocks. Take care of shareholders in addition to employees.

AAPL controls CAPEX :+1:

Means Apple stops investing in the future. Content with rent seeking and financial engineering.

Where the heck is that freaking Apple car?

Capex/ Sales in % :slight_smile: Not in absolute dollar. Late SJ has instituted a system to derive higher (than other tech giants) bang for a R&D/ Capex dollar. After so many years, these guys still not able to copy the system.

Waiting for EM to clear all the regulatory hurdles for AV. Apple is not planning to do an EV per se. It is planning an AV.

@manch

Apple has capital discipline.

https://twitter.com/ctbeiser/status/1586447808113975296

Those are innovations as business of startups. However, they doesn’t move the needle like iPhone. Innovation in Apple scale is something as large as iPhone. Project Titan is a potential. [/WAG] These fin twit haters have invested heavily in AAPL thinking Project Titan would materialize, they miss TSLA. So hate AAPL. [/WAG]. [/Another WAG]Invested heavily in no earning high revenue growth stocks thinking AAPL is too large too matured. Wrong again. So hate AAPL.[/WAG].

No amount of explanation would convince these haters. Hate is their way of coping with their investing decisions.

1 Like

Reason for sale is :-1:

2 Likes

To be officially launched once Google stops paying…

Um, it needs to be better than Siri which hasn’t emerged as a serious player.

1 Like

Doubt voice would ever be as popular as text. Do average person speak often?
Btw, I hardly use any voice commands/ phone. Prefer text, message and email.

Isn’t the coding somewhat similar though? It’s just speech vs. text, but the core is understanding what someone wants and finding. The search results would need to be miles ahead of Siri’s abilities. Maps was a total disaster too. That’s a search engine for physical places.

1 Like

I use Apple Maps often (can find many things, not just for driving), huge improvement. Nowadays, I no longer use the nav in my car, I use Apple Map on the iPhone… much easier to use. Max Muller, Chief Map, has been recently promoted to VP for his effort.

Nowadays, I don’t use search that much… Google added a lot of shit to the search result.

1 Like

I was going to respond with the same thought as marcus. The underlying search capability - data sifting, aggregation, caching, indexing remains the same - for text or voice.
Looks like Apple has billions ready to burn - they started redoing maps 2 years go and now search?

1 Like

Apple Maps has improved quite a lot in the last year or 2.

Siri is much better in understanding voice than my ICE car’s voice recognition. However google voice recognition is better than Siri. Also autocomplete is much better in Google than Siri.

Search is Google’s bread and butter. Even bing which I haven’t used recently but used to be pretty good wasn’t able to checkmate google search.Won’t be easy for Apple.

1 Like