AAPL and Apple

I am clueless. I have avoided all things Google and Facebook. If possible :grinning:

1 Like

Is there a business reason for Apple to do a search better than Google? So long integration with apps on Apple products is better, is good enough. There is no need to do a best of breed. A suite of good enough well integrated is better than a group of best of breed. WeChat demonstrated this.

Apple has its own search engines in some specific domains, like searching in the App Store, on users’ Mac hard drives, Apple mail, iCloud docs etc. Not for generic web searches.

1 Like

Just saw this startup working on a search engine on the Mac. Tim Apple should just buy the company.

1 Like

:-1:

Keep losing designers and engineers to META? GOOG? VUZI?

The bearish count.

Notice Elliotticians are expecting S&P and AAPL to bottom in late Feb/ early Mar. Kind of consistent with last Fed rate hike is in Feb.

Don’t move needle so not innovation.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/gigadgets_/status/1588510160393224196?s=20&t=R22vhSbylj4Y_-XmuoEayA

Utah pre-announces an Apple glass prototype.

This apparently has leaked. Last week, AAPL dropped almost 15%.

Big innovation from Apple.

1 Like
1 Like

META is not in index fund?

The service, first available in the U.S. and Canada starting in November, will be free for two years, Apple said, though it did not get into what it might cost after that period. By that point Lynk and Starlink will likely have their services up and running, and the former at least aims to provide emergency text and SOS capability for free across the globe.

Above is made possible by $450M investment.

Sound reasonable since Apple has invested a huge sum to enable SOS feature.

@hanera

If can close above $155 (200-day SMA), pull back and stay above 200-day SMA would be :+1:

:+1:

I just bought a new iPhone 14… $360 with the rebate. I don’t see how Appl is going to make money giving phones away cheap. Basically it’s no better than my 11. But the battery was wearing out on my old iPhone