AAPL and Apple

Still processing what it means for both Apple and Meta. Initial thoughts:

1. Apple is using the Tesla strategy. Build something better at an initial high price point, and work the price down as scale and Moore’s law kicks in.

2. But Meta is selling something 20x cheaper. I am still waiting for detailed side by side comparisons. But no doubt Apple’s UX would be much better. That’s Apple’s core strength.

3. I don’t see any killer apps yet. Besides extreme nerds what’s the compelling use case for this piece of hardware that costs $4k? But initial production volume will be very low. So expect long lines to get it. And that will create a lot of hype and FOMO.

4. Zuck must be having long strategy meetings with staff. Very interested to know what their plans will be.

Pro says it all, no need for long winded observations. Early next year is for developers to come out with interesting apps. Then can sell Vision to consumers.

1 Like

I suspect the consumer version will come much later. Developers need to know what the target hardware is. And this $4k one is it. Apple can’t just release a cheap ass low end one next year with much worse hardware than pro. The apps wouldn’t work well on these low end hardware.

The current hardware with the current price point is at the limit of what Apple can do right now. Price will come down only slowly.

According to social media, Apple built a temporary structure for developers to play with the Vision Pro and answer questions such as your.

Well if even diehard Apple fanboys don’t want to pay $4k for this toy……

:thinking:

Perfect for single men.

The oculus guy:

Apple today announced the Apple Vision Pro, a wearable augmented and virtual reality headset. Because of the way the headset fits against the face, it does not accommodate glasses, but Apple has a solution for those who need prescription lenses.

Apple is partnering with Zeiss to offer Zeiss Optical Inserts that can be customized to each person’s vision prescription. The inserts will attach to the Vision Pro lenses magnetically, allowing for precise viewing and eye tracking.

There is no word yet on what the Zeiss prescription inserts will cost, but Apple says that vision correction accessories will be sold separately.

DAMN! Extra charge for people wearing glasses. How much is it now? $5k?

OK! I am excited. This thing looks like a big step change in computing. Potentially bigger than the iPad!

Right now it mostly maps the 2D Mac and iOS UI onto the device. But they will look and work more and more naturally 3D as time goes on.

Extremely impressive! Innovation is alive and kicking at Apple!

1 Like

Minority Report:

Spatial computing.

Is a gold rush for app developers. I am wondering what’s cooking with the interoperability amongst FaceTime, MSFT Team, Zoom, and Webex. Also wondering what are cooking in Disney, just 3D movies and games? How is the experience of talking to/ sharing with some1 in theme park feels like?

Notice Epic, Meta and Google are left out in the cold.

Apple is just the absolute king of UI paradigms.

Apple was the first to ship computers with a mouse. GUI is practically Apple’s thing. Then it invented touch UI with iPhone and iPad. Now this 3D interface with its vision headset.

It’s gonna be huge. I can see Apple being a 10T company now. Congrats my friend.

Note that Zuck was correct in VR being a new platform. He just couldn’t execute it. Facebook doesn’t have Steve Jobs’ DNA in the company. Apple’s design DNA is unparalleled in the entire tech world.

2 Likes

Now that you know, you should concentrate your investment $ into just these few stocks: NVDA, AAPL, PLTR, SNOW, SOFI and U. Close the rest.

PLTR :-1:

SOFI :-1:

1 Like

Screen Shot 2023-06-06 at 12.32.15 AM

Every company is trying to hire one of the same 100 top AI scientists/engineers, and they are all in SV.

Social media influencers feel that Apple has given Meta tons of breathing space to make Quest a huge success. In their opinions, because of this strategic error, Apple would only conquer the high end while Meta (just like Android) would conquer the low end. No one is speculating that it is highly possible that Vision might be available at the same time as Vision Pro. 7-10 months is a long time. It is also possible that Apple might lower the price of Vision Pro at release… they did that for iPad.

No. Apple is at the very limit of physics here. Read up on the specs of Vision Pro and why they need such high end chips and display. The headset is recording outside and displaying it inside. The image must be very high resolution and response time must be super fast, or the brain will detects something is wrong and the person will get nausea.

Overtime it will get cheaper but it will take longer than many expected. Maybe 5 years later it will get down to $2k? That is already very aggressive.

$3.5k is not that expensive when comparing to a very large screen TV/ home theatre system (not many can afford a spare room to be used for a full feature home theatre system). If there are good content and outstanding apps e.g. watching Taylor Swift concert almost as if you’re there would be :+1:. Hopefully some developers figure out how to integrate with a drone… acting like your remote eyes.

Currently, Vision Pro is targeting software developers, corporate junkies, professionals and prosumers… as for Pro products of Apple.

Since when you’re so au fait with hardware pricing? Learn from Cathy Woods?
Anyhoo, doubt Vision Pro would drop in price through time… just improved hardware. The question is when would Vision be released… 5 years is too long.

Btw, check Apple.com, can’t pre-order.

Demo place

1 Like

So far, nailed $185. Pull back so far ~$7. Wave iv in progress.
So long didn’t pull back more than $12, I would assume my count is correct i.e. $185 marked the completion of Minor degree wave (5) of Intermediary degree wave iii… wave iii.(5).