AAPL vs STNE in five years Apr 8 (2019 to 2024)

Is STNE dingy leaking or WS misunderstood? Short if former. BTFD if latter. Why STNE when the whole world realized everything would be clouded and WS decided to long clouds? Clouds only caught on for less than 5 years, the runway is still 10-15 years long, right?

Btw, AAPL continues to widen the lead :grinning:

1 Like

I admit the defeat now ! AAPL is safer than STNE !! Kudos to you holding since 1998 !!!:joy::joy::joy:

So soon? Instead of STNE try Tsla.

1 Like

He is joking, 5 years is not up.
Forget about TSLA, time to buy was few years ago, go for :partly_sunny:
Nobody care about AMZN till AWS picks up, and hence AMZN can be considered an index for clouds. If you don’t know which cloud to buy, long AMZN.

1 Like

I admitted it as it dropped and the recovery may take time. I expected this volatility with new IPO company. AAPL is steady company, but STNE will be aggressive company. It takes months/years to recover. Safe bet is 5 years.

I have TSLA, STNE and TEVA. When WB bought less than 20B companies, I will hold it as long as he holds it.

Position wise STNE is my No 1,
TEVA No 2, and
TSLA No 3 holdings.

I make it a point to hold Tesla longer, but limited amount.

1 Like

STNE teva TSLA keep going lower as market establish new high. Sell’em, replace with clouds.

1 Like

NO FOMO. I only catch the falling knife. Almost all clouds are no profit hyped stocks.

STNE started recovering, good I plunged more when it hit less than 25 even today. Profitable one.
TEVA I hold enough bought at 14.23, will recover long term
TSLA is appx $257-260 range, if it goes down I will buy, otherwise I hold it as it is.

I hold STMP, KHC and ISRG now. Today, I added IRBT (your favorite) !

I was expecting $100 for a long time. Sold 1000 shares at higher price ($120-$130) long ago, waiting patiently, finally but not ready to buy more, bought only 100.

Tomorrow, when dips further, I will buy more. If market is bullish trend, fall will be temporary. Their YOY growth is good, stock falling 22% is an opportunity. IRBT will come back like ISRG fell to $490 recently !

The Bedford, Massachusetts-based company, which makes the Roomba floor vacuuming robots, said earnings came to $22.5 million, or 78 cents a share, up from $20.4 million, or 71 cents a share a year ago, and beat analysts’ forecasts of 60 cents a share.

Revenue totaled $237.7 million, up from the year-ago total of $217.1 million a year ago, but missed Wall Street’s expectation of $251 million.

$IRBT fell sharply today (22%) but from everything that I can see the only people who were surprised were the analysts. It seems the company expected the growth they had and are on track for continued growth.

• First quarter revenue grew 9% over Q1 2018 as expected. Q1 sell-through was good, setting us up for the higher year-over-year Q2 2019 revenue growth rate we discussed last quarter. Given our Q1 results and our outlook for the rest of the year, we are reaffirming our 2019 full-year revenue and operating income expectations and increasing our full-year expectations for earnings per share.

– Chairman, CEO, and cofounder Colin Angle

Beyond the many quotes, a few stats that I’m reading.

EPS increased from $.71 to $.78

+9.5% YOY revenue

R&D expenses were up 7% YOY

iRobot increased its expectations for full-year earnings to a range of $3.15 to $3.40 a share, from $3 to $3.25 a share, to reflect a 14-cent favorable tax impact the company recorded in the first quarter.

IRBT has a high barrier to entry and deep moat keeping out competitors. They’re releasing two new products this year, the Terra (lawnmower) and something else.

I don’t see the reason why the market has dropped so far for IRBT, the earnings call seems to be right on target for what management has been saying. Is it all analyst expectations driving the drop?

1 Like

10%20PM

24%20PM

39%20PM

51%20PM

No match to FB and clouds.

14%20PM

22%20PM

1 Like

Broke below $240 easily. RSI indicated oversold.

27%20AM

Both FA and TA are bearish. Elon is so desperate for cash that he plans to sell insurance which could accelerate its death.

Come on. Selling insurance was a way to add value proposition to customers, not a desperation for cash nor an acceleration of death.

Buy low, my repeated buys results average price at $239. Today, I have 230 and 225 limit buys too.
Now, XLNX catching knife is positive, IRBT is just negative 0.50 cents, but will come back. Same is with TSLA.

The simple concept is when stock falls (when fundamentals are okay or good), short seller depress the shares too much that pressure will be released after 3 days settlement.

Now, you see I am not a FOMO person, but catching the falling knife person, buy low/sell high.

1 Like

58% gain overnight :laughing: For the same gain in shares, you need to buy 100 shares, about $12k outlay!

1 Like

$321 gain on your brilliant speculation? Why don’t you find a 400k job instead? Even a 100k job could be worthwhile :rofl:

You want me to work like a dog at my age? My dog days are over. Now I do what I like.

Treat us to hot pots with your ill gotten gain?

You want people to eat with you, go Dutch.

Another one bite the dust. Whenever a new hot IPO is launched, retail investors think it will beat AAPL the matured stock.