After a long time, seeing an investment deal - even with WFH this is attractive!

At steady state :slight_smile: which we don’t know how long to achieve steady state.

1 Like

Americans think of tax as federal income tax :slight_smile: forgot about other taxes.

2 Likes

Steady state is almost here. In a couple of weeks, the number of positive tests will cease to be part of the news. Remember this equation:

Rate of rise of positive tests is inversely proportional to the percent of population already tested positive. As the percent of population tested positive nears 100%, fewer positive tests will occur.

Think of saturation.

Lot of Americans do not like democratic party for non-economic reasons. Many american see the constant attack on American culture very repugnant. Will you pull down status of Ulysses S Grant or Lincoln? Will you take away free market capitalism? Will you give admissions in UC on the basis of someone’s race? Will you take away landlords right to raise rents, and demand eviction when contracts are not followed? These things have nothing to do with tax rates, and everything to do with the american culture: beliefs, values and the behavior.

2 Likes

Sweden model for steady state? :slight_smile:

I agree in principal with this. I do think there is a middle ground where we can strengthen our healthcare and social services without going to a European-style system.

Unfortunately few are willing to meet in the middle on this topic.

1 Like

My anger is the lack of root cause analysis to actually reduce spending. Everyone wants to argue of who pays the bill. No one talks about why Americans have much higher rates of obesity, diabetes, and chronic illness. No one talks about how most money is spent on a small percent of patients. There’s zero efforts towards getting people to be healthier which improves quality of life and lowers spending. All the political points are just ignorant rhetoric to create emotional reactions.

5 Likes

:+1:

1 Like