Agent Review: Melanie Leung

As some of you know I was looking for a agent to sell my house back in late august, and melanie leung was one of the realtor i interview and highly recommended by one of our member sfdragonboy
Yesterday we signed the escrow and i’ll be getting my money early next week so i can finally do a full review on her.

When i took back the house back in late august from rental, the house was not in good shape, so i definitely need to find someone to fix it back to original state and do some remodel prior selling. I’ve interviewed a couple real estate agent and only 2 of them are able to fulfill my requirement(fix this up and roll it out in 2 weeks) and melanie is one of them. There’s many reason why i chose her over the others, i like her strategy, planning, connection with mulitple contractor, attention to small details, and her taste, you can tell by going through her listings the staging company she chose and the photograher she chose is just better than the others, some of listings out there i feel the staging overdone it, but her’s is always right on. Knowing the market is slowing down and i have to rush it out in 2 weeks, I have to make my house as nicely presentable as possible, at the end the house has to sell for itself.

After signing the agreement with her that night, she quickly go to work right away. She sent her design team over to my house and quickly gave me a proposal and a calendar timeline. After going back and forth about 2 days discussing , we finally agreed on the items we should work on for remodeling. Once we agreed on her contractor goes to work quickly. Within 10 business days, my house is completed, and you guys can tell how great it looks in the listing. So next is the open house, initially she set up for 2 weeks of open house, but after the 1st week, we have a lot of interest and she recommended to change the plan and take offer early, I love this move, pretty much i think she know what i was thinking. And once she start accepting offers, we have multiple bids on the house while one of our neighbors(like 5 house down the street also on sale at the same time) , at the end their house only got 1 offer and pretty low price. She negotiate back and forth with the top offers and we finally picked the buyer we think will be best for us. No Contingency and i know my house is in good hand.
The final number , listing 888,000, sold 1.16M.
At current market and our house is one of the smaller size on paper(downstairs unwarranted) , i think we did really good. especially this fast.

time to give someone some credit. Thank you SFDRAGONBOY for recommending melanie to me.

14 Likes

Congratulations! Did you negotiate on commission? I’m glad you got a great result.

i did some, but not a lot. all can say is she put the money back into the house
staging/photography she included in the comission and doesn’t use the cheap one
bbq, food on open houses etc…

1 Like

Congratulations, @dioworld!!! I am really happy it worked out for you. Go and enjoy HK…

@sfdragonboy

1 Like

I already ask her to keep an eye for me if there’s any great deal

Congrats! What improvements did you do? 2 weeks is so fast :+1::+1:

1. resand and repaint the hardwood flooring 3 times
  2. replace whole house fixtures and replace all recess light with led recess lights
  3. repaint whole interior
  4. top bathroom: replace vanity cabinet/mirror/lights , bathtub door
  5. bottom bathroom: replace vinyl flooring/vanity cabinet/mirror/light
  6. wrap & reroute heating ducts, move the downstairs bathroom sewer pipe near the wall and build wood block to cover it up
  7. replaced downstairs carpet
  8. new lawn, backyard
  9. repaint garage floor
  10. refinish the kitchen cabinets, replace the tile flooring in kitchen
    11-xx ) A lot of others , like some wood panel-> drywall replacement etc…

It really isn’t anything major, but result is very very nice.

5 Likes

In 10 days. Great!

How much this all stuff cost you.

Congrats and enjoy your money!!

Total around 35k. Pretty much hassle free. Melanie took care about sourcing the parts. Coordinate with contractor. I only did the lawn and carpet since i already promise my gardener and carpet guy beforehand.

3 Likes

Congrats @dioworld - saw it finally marked as ‘sold’ on Redfin :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, hope to have an opportunity to find another one. just made the 500k deadline

2 Likes

Hmmm………so nobody can promote other people’s business here but everybody else can, but not me? That’s refreshing. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Well, the review was a follow-up to @dioworld’s posting about selling his home and all that he went through.

2 Likes

Gee! I was kidding! :joy:

No, it was a fair question.

2 Likes

Obviously, we occasionally are visited by posters pitching things or services and we for the most part just let them say their piece. I might have been accused of responding sarcastically to one or two of them but my heart/mind were in the right place. I honestly don’t see anything wrong with someone using X and then chiming about how good/bad X was.

1 Like

Well, private messages are for that, ain’t it? :smiley:

It can be, but this was no different really from someone asking what to do about their remodel and I chiming in with a referral. Can we move on now to your next rant???:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Well, let’s move to the coward in chief allowing a soon to be American to be chopped in pieces by his other bosses the Saudis? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

why you have so much hate? hate against everything
it’s a review. not a marketing ad.
if you don’t like it, move on. what is wrong with you really?

4 Likes