Agent Review: Melanie Leung

Sound familiar @dioworld? I think you followed pretty much everything that this article suggested and the results speak for themselves. Multiple offers and a good final, clean selling offer.

1 Like

missing one thing
LUCK, each period thereā€™s a set pool of buyers, if youā€™re lucky, then youā€™ll have 1 or 2 crazy bidder out of the set of buyer will go crazy bidding for your house.

of course also have to consider the market trend as well.

1 Like

See, I semi disagree. Look at what happened with your neighbor. Was he/she unlucky? We all make our luck to a certain extent. By doing all that you reasonably can or should do, the outcome was not surprising.

if you checked out his house, you will not make offer either. i feel haunted when going downstairs.

1 Like

Exactly! Maybe he could have done a bit more to make the place pop. Maybe not possible, without major expense. Probably thought, oh in this market, everything sells, why bother? Well, guess what happened? Your pics and staging were awesome, on point. Good flow and layout of home. I could care less about the unwarranted inlaw. I liked your house when I saw the posting and was expecting a good number.

from what i heard, the agent is selling the house for the dad, so you know daddy donā€™t wanna pay shxx. giving you the house already, not giving you another dime hehe
now i heard the parents moved back in. he had an opportunity and he blew it.

1 Like

Timing is everything, and good timing can require luck.

I talked to another seller who both bought and sold at the same time we put an offer on our house. She said she had only one offer (good neighborhood in Menlo Park), and the house she offered on (not a great location though), also had only one offer. Our house had only one offer. Yet now, Iā€™m seeing houses on major streets go pending within a week, and a nearby house went for $600K over ours.

I think we were lucky as buyers, and our sellers happened to hit a down period.

3 Likes

Good summary article. Totally agree that photos bring people in. The agents that refuse to put photos up at all are shooting themselves in the foot.

From the article:

ā€œI wish sellers understood the importance of staging and marketing. Too often sellers believe that buyers can see past the furniture, paint, and noticeable wear. They often cannot. People are highly visual. If your agent suggests some staging, depersonalization, or repairs, itā€™s not to be mean. Itā€™s to help buyers see your home at its very best.ā€

So true.

2 Likes

@dioworld,

Wanna join us for lunch on Monday?

iā€™m poor, i need to work man.

1 Like

Canā€™t you PM him to ask something like that??

sfdragonboy got too excited.

The intention is to show off that he got a date with Melanie.

2 Likes

ahhā€¦
he probably canā€™t sleep for the next few days

2 Likes

Damn, what a bunch of whiners. What, didnā€™t win the Lotto like you were expecting? (LOL)

Status Report Dragonboy

1 Like

Iā€™ll PM youā€¦ Dragon Beaux. 2.5 hours.

Share the juicy deets.

2 Likes

yup, not much detail in the PM too. i was expecting some sweet story in full detail , at least a page long essay

1 Like

Come on, man, keep things to ourselvesā€¦