AI's Investment Implications

Micron -1.7% after UBS analyst sees weak 2019 in NAND, DRAM

These people have supernatural power. Can predict 2019 prices merely 4 months into 2018.

Technicals are for small fries like us who don’t have insider info to see those who have are doing.
Those insiders knew the info long before it is published, and by the time we know, we are screwed. So we need to have a way, even though may not be very reliable but is better than don’t have, know what these guys are doing. Obviously you can’t get rich by following technicals because is meant for small fries, the big fishes don’t follow technicals because their behaviors are the technicals. What small fries can do is to interpret the technicals to the best of their abilities to save themselves.

1 Like

You can watch for unusual options activity, but you have to watch it daily. That’s been some of my best short-term trades.

2 Likes

My view is much more upbeat than yours. US market has been pretty clean in the couple decades. Insider trading is illegal and people do get punished. I don’t get a sense we the retail investors are being manipulated.

Do you have any specific examples in mind?

By insiders, I don’t mean the management or the rank-n-file. Could be friends or friends of friends or whatever which can’t be considered as insiders legally. For example, say you’re a VP in company ABC, you tell me some material stuff of ABC over the dim sum lunch which allow me to profit, both of us didn’t break the law. I can give you benefits later through other means e.g. sit in my board of directors… or give you tips on what companies to buy in a foreign nation.

Scale of that kind of activity is unverifiable. I’d bet it’s very small otherwise the insider guy will be in hot water. The material has to be very actionable, like a new ground breaking research project or next quarters sales number.

Exactly. There are also signaling going on. All can’t be verified.

Have you sold everything non-AAPL yet?

Sold and bought back :cry: now living with this foolish act.

It may be a bullish sign that traders like Hanera have been washed out. I am still a wary buyer with most of my powder dry. So far doing great with oil stocks, will never sell them. Aapl at $150 still looks good. Amazon at $1300?

1 Like

In your dream… was just talking cock. Btw, I am primarily a buy n hold RE and stock investor. Just getting paid for entertainment. I have oil stocks too e.g. CVX, still below ATH, of course, very green since I bought it dirt cheap.

I bet there will be another market drop or two this year. Have a fun ride. Forget MU

1 Like

Every day market drops, market appreciates, so what do you mean precisely?

I mean the bearest kind of drop 10-20%

**[quote=“Elt1, post:392, topic:3222, full:true”]
It may be a bullish sign that traders like Hanera have been washed out. I am still a wary buyer with most of my powder dry. So far doing great with oil stocks, will never sell them. Aapl at $150 still looks good. Amazon at $1300?
[/quote]

IMO, AAPL may touch 160, but not to 150 unless there is another big fall like Jan 2018.

From? ATH? We’re already dropped 10%. So another 10% more?

It dropped to $150s, he hesitated and didn’t buy, now he is wishing it to drop there again. Dropping to high 150s is possible… well, depends on whether WB or TC steps in before that.

Need to tag @RealEstatebull. Stock shot up as he spoke.

How come it sounds like he is talking about SPLK? For a moment, I thought he is talking about SPLK.
I just shorted $10 million worth of BOX. And double my investment in SPLK. Wish me luck.