AI's Investment Implications

3D flash like 96 layers boosts capacity. There’s no similar breakthrough in DRAM.

MU continues to tumble! From pretty green to pretty red in just …

Einhorn Drops Stakes in Apple, Micron, Twitter

Einhorn raised cash… to meet margin calls? Sell winners? Not cut losses?

Greenlight lost about 5.4% in the second quarter, for a year-to-date (YTD) loss of 18.3% through June. That contrasts sharply with broader market gains—the S&P 500 was up 2.6% YTD at the end of June.

4.8 pe :frowning: I am holding MU for as much as i can. Not sure where to sell :slight_smile: Probably not sell for over a year or so.

Good that I am still beating Einhorn’s performance. :smile:

2 Likes

MU is at support. Dropping below, the next support is at $45 and then $37.50. Previously, I mentioned I would long calls if drop to $45, I am wavering now. Would long calls at $37.50.

1 Like

will you buy calls at 37.5?

1 Like

US, China Look to Mend Trade Relations: 5 Winning Picks

CAT, MU, QCOM, CE, and SWKS.
Owned MU and CAT

Micron Technology, Inc. MU derived 50% of its revenues from China in 2017. Prolonged tensions with China could harm the stock significantly.

Micron has a Zacks Rank #2 (Buy) and VGM Score of A. The company’s expected earnings growth for the current year is more than 100%. The Zacks Consensus Estimate for the current year has improved by 0.9% over the last seven days.

China Banned 26 micron products temporarily, that I see an issue as this is blocking sales.

Regarding trade talks about china, it is always challenging, but not blocking Micron to Sell/Buy from China. Even if there is some tariff added by both China & USA, still they can sell (at reduced level) and profit margin reduced.

Micron is at its low point, I guess.

1 Like

Bought additional 500. now 1500, definitely passed wuqijun’s $50k, 1500*48.07 :grin: Yesterday’s low is $45.62

Micron Technology and NVIDIA Are Sitting on a Potential Gold Mine by Harsh Chauhan of TMF

1 Like

MU is your biggest position ex-Apple?

1 Like

S&P Index fund
MU
TEVA
Rest below $50k.
Should I pump TCEHY to $50k?

Pump 10c to 500k.

1 Like

What about FB?

$1M on FB.

2 Likes

Pick Nvidia Stock over Micron for Higher Risk and Higher Reward by Vince Martin of InvestorPlace has an interesting take on NVDA vs MU.

The chart is ugly, and there’s a case for selling puts on MU stock as a hedged entry. Still, even if the market is right that Micron earnings are going to decline, a 4x multiple already is incorporating a huge cut. And that leaves MU looking like an attractive play for value investors.

The case for Nvidia is that its upside probably is greater than that of Micron – which might seem counterintuitive given the massive gap in earnings multiples. But Nvidia is going to grow in a way that Micron probably can’t.

1 Like
1 Like

You got a facelift after Sau Wing Lam this time?

That’s the crazy rich Asian who bought the LA Times. Geez, I though you are on top of everything?

I know, but he looks like Sau Wing Lam…

Billionaire Ken Griffin Takes a Massive Bet on Micron (MU) Stock; Slams Advanced Micro Devices (AMD)

For Q2, Griffin ramped up the fund’s Micron holding by a whopping 199%. He snapped up 5,643,853 shares taking the fund’s total stake in the chip giant to 8,480,541 shares valued at $444.72 million.

manch,

Note that 2 of my top 3 (excluding AAPL & index fund) is AI related :slight_smile: MU and IRBT.

1 Like