AI's Investment Implications

Shares of Micron Technology Inc. dropped 4.1% in morning trade Monday, to pace its semiconductor peers, after analyst Joseph Moore at Morgan Stanley said he doesn’t see a rebound “at any point” in 2019 for the memory chip maker, especially for DRAM.

Micron’s stock falls after analyst sees no rebound ‘at any point’ in 2019

Micron stock is one to own for the long term on the thesis that tech is here to stay for decades to come.

Why You Should Buy Micron Stock Now for the Long Run … Not Sell It

Recently many experts talking up NVDA.

Why NVIDIA Stock Plunged 31% in 2018

As for AI, NVIDIA’s GPUs are the chip of choice for training AI systems.

Investors who have been eyeing NVIDIA for some time might want to start nibbling on the stock. Shares are more reasonably valued than they’ve been in several years. They’re trading at 20.8 times the company’s expected forward earnings – quite reasonable for the stock of a high-quality company that Wall Street expects to grow earnings at an average annual rate of 15.1% over the next five years.

Damodaran On The Value In This Market, NVDA, BA, & GE

NVDA: I did buy Nvidia at the end of last year because it’s a stock that’s been on my radar for a long time but did the prices that was trading at my limit buy came in at 145.

Mine is $168 :sob: Yesterday closed at $150.44, PM is at $152.12 :grinning:

1 Like

Semis on the move:

• Xilinx (NASDAQ:XLNX) gains 7.9% aftermarket on Q3 beats with revenue up 34% Y/Y. Upside Q4 guidance has revenue from $815M to $835M (consensus: $776.2M).

• Lam Research (NASDAQ:LRCX) gains 6.6% after reporting Q2 results that beat EPS and revenue estimates with a 2% Y/Y revenue decline.

2 Likes

AI Plays are Heating Up

Top AI stocks: GOPH, IRBT, MDB, NVDA and BIDU.

2 Likes

Quora: What were the most significant machine learning/AI advances in 2018?

Good overview of what’s going on in the field. Facebook’s PyTorch is fast catching up to Google’s TensorFlow it seems.

Why Micron could be the best catch-up trade to the chip rally

1 Like

Morgan Stanley Downgrades Micron, Says Street Outlook ‘Too Optimistic’

MS has clients missed out buying MU when it is at high $20s? Again at $36?

Micron Stock Will Plunge Because the Chip Market Hasn’t Hit Bottom, Morgan Stanley Says

2 days later, another paid bearish article paid by MS?

Chip Stocks Soaring 28% On China Optimism Risk Steep Pullback

I am surprised by the strength of Micron in the face of relentless badmouthing from MS and WF. Samsung also had a pretty bad print last Friday morning and MU actually rose for the day.

Same applies to knowing when your boss is about to quit.

This is a great twitter thread on today’s esports game between OpenAI and some human team. I don’t play video games so don’t really know if that human team is some big shots. Soon we will have AI controlling real weapons in real battlefields and we will hide in our matrix as if nothing happens. :smile:

Apple didn’t buy over this company? Anki presented in one of the Apple event. All PhDs :joy:

Those PhDs can be individually hired without paying for the dead company.

You need the AI patents.

They folded precisely because they don’t have any valuable IP.

Didi ran by chinese gov. auto car kill ppl is okay, if victim got guts go beijing 上訪, they’ll disappear.
This absolutely works in china but not any other country.

Got rid of IRBT at reasonable profit. Cut holdings of MU and PANW by 50-75% to 1000 MUs and 100 PANWs. Holding 100 NVDAs. Should I take advantage of the negative sentiments to BTFD PANWs? Real :sob: fire or fake :scream: fire?

3 Artificial Intelligence Stocks to Buy: MSFT, UPS and PANW

Is Palo Alto Networks, Inc. (NYSE:PANW) Potentially Undervalued?

Sell-Side: Short-Term Pain For Long-Term Gain With Palo Alto Networks

Palo Alto's Ambitious Long-Term Plan: 3 Reasons for Caution

Pro or con? Many technological and medical advances are made stepping on corpses intentionally or by collateral damages. Ordinary citizens in many nations realize that and have set up restrictions/ safeguards against such experiments, and China is behind the curve in this regards. Question is are such restrictions slowing the advances and hence benefits for future generations? Worth it to slow down the advances?

Keep Nvidia Stock If You Have It, Just Don’t Jump in Now

The NVDA Stock Rally May Soon Come to an End