AI's Investment Implications

1 Like

Did ChatCPT generate the answers originally or extract from somewhere? I get the feeling is a synthesis of extracted content.

5 Likes

Could you explain what you mean?

I’m not in any pure AI company but just wanted to understand your view.

Added later:

I guess what you’re saying PLTR does services and does not have a software that it sells to end clients/customers.

:+1: Need an army of PLTR engineers to get the software installed and running… that is similar to a consulting firm.

1 Like

It’s not an extraction of existing content. That’s Google search. ChatGPT and all those art AI that gives you new paintings based on text input are what’s called “generative AI”. The output is the creation of the models and does not exist prior.

1 Like

What about algorithm design and coding implementation? What I mean is if I ask ChatGPT to design an algorithm to solve a computing problem, would it look around the web to find a close enough answer or use its intelligence (& basic principles) to come up with an original algorithm?

By default, chatGPT doesn’t even gets to go on the Internet. Its training data is from 2021 and prior. Whatever you ask, the output is generated from within the model itself and nothing else. Sorta like the brain.

1 Like

ChatGPT :+1:
TSLA? But it didn’t have any Lidar data!
AMZN? Don’t spam me with ad!

Some1 told me that the best way to use ChatGPT is to input your insights and not expect ChatGPT to give you insights. Many people don’t know how to use ChatGPT effectively. In a way, this is like when iPhone is launched. Whoever know how to create a business that ride the iPhone would become a multi-billion business. The time now is ChatGPT gold rush for highly creative entrepreneurs.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2023-02-03/google-invests-400-million-chatgpt-rival-anthropic

Some Wall Street analysts compare the arrival of generative AI that creates content to Apple 's (AAPL) launch of the iPhone in 2008.

Meanwhile, Barclays sees upside for website developers such as GoDaddy (GDDY), Shopify (SHOP) and Wix (WIX).

Founders of the businesses that figure out correctly would be multi-billionaires.
Investors who are lucky enough to invest in above businesses would be multi-millionaires. Waiting for my opportunity :slight_smile:
Investors who invest in the shovels would do well too. I am betting on NVDA :slight_smile:

Gold rush continues.

1 Like

Microsoft declared war on Google:

Google dropped like a rock since then.

The brand new AI craze brought on by chatGPT has generated a lot of buzz even in China, and a lot of soul searching there. All this time the Chinese thought they are an equal with America in AI tech, but apparently the gap is big and growing.

This is an excerpt of one article that went viral:

Basically it says chatGPT needs a lot of training texts, but China’s internet is heavily censored and thus lacks high quality open source text.

The biggest irony is that this article has since been censored.

:rofl:

4 Likes

What is the opposite of narcissist?

1 Like

Stretch at DHL | Automated Trailer Unloading

No chips no AI.