Amazing Amazon

So AMZN wants to give the impression that it has plenty of growth potential, sneaky Jeff.

Only 2x? Should be 20x :slight_smile: That is to say, near saturation (or is it near full penetration?)

FBA is over 50% of unit volume.

1 Like

I didnā€™t know amazon broke out the unit volume. My guess is about right. Going forward I expect the 3rd party share continues to go up simply because it earns such fat margins.

Itā€™s a shame the tech press didnā€™t pay much attention to FBA. Thereā€™s simply no other player at that scale. Walmart has 3rd party sellers but no fulfillment service. Itā€™s insanely hard and capital intensive to build out that infrastructure.

1 Like

Yup, and the savings in last-mile delivery cost is significant.

Amazon Wants India to Shop Online, and Itā€™s Battling Walmart for Supremacy

The prize is 1.3 billion customers.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/features/2018-10-18/amazon-battles-walmart-in-indian-e-commerce-market-it-created?srnd=premium

1 Like

What, so fast??? I thought the homeless was going to crap up this idea???

1 Like

homeless in US is not that smart, give them some time eventually theyā€™ll figure it out. or next time you see one you can start educating them.

Come on, isnā€™t the Costco pay back card like the ultimate best in this regard? Shoot, I think I am up to like 500 bucks coming back to me already and I still got months to goā€¦

Iā€™m a fan of the Amazon Go stores. Itā€™s such a hassle free experience with much higher quality stuff than a normal convenience store. I could see it becoming the standard in dense cities.

There goes the Retail Clerks/Cashiers unionsā€¦

1 Like

Letā€™s be honest. You canā€™t afford to live in SF on those wages anyway.

1 Like

Both GOOGL and AMZN today results. Stocks are suppose to skyrocket tomorrow based on their results. waiting eagerly !

Didnā€™t end well

1 Like

Amzn Bombed. Anyone buying?

Signed,

@manch

2 Likes

Both companies produced good profit margin, but 1 BLN revenue less from expected. Market brings down billions tomorrow.

I may buy some AMZN, GOOGL, NFLX (if less than 300) tomorrow.

Watch out google and Facebook

1 Like

Place GTC buys for AMZN and GOOG at various price points. None for NFLX.

There is a change in strategy. I read the results, GOOGL is fine to buy as their results are far better. When it dips further, I will add some more.

AMZN has recently increased $15 wages, that was not in Q3, but will reflect in Q4.
Similarly, USPS price increases was not in Q3, but will affect Q4.
Tariff impacts affect AMZN, not in Q3 but in Q4 (10%) and Q1 (25%).

Analysts expect these additional expenses, while revenue forecast is less, eating the profit margin.

I will not add AMZN, but will add some NFLX.

1 Like