Amazing Amazon

The current result is exceptional. After hours, most likely day trading or speculative trading. AH volume is also 20% of daytime volume.

14 day lowest price was $1593 on 01/29. Today after hours is another near lower price. I added few today at $1633 as I do not want to miss the low.

Even if it goes down tomorrow, AMZN will not tank long run and with few positive news, it will jump back in few weeks.

The one issue I find hard with amzn and googl is expensive price/share. Both needs to split the shares so that it is easy to buy.

Your unit price should be $50k per unit so Goog or Amzn does not look bloated that way.

2 Likes

WB keeps BRK-A $311500/share, how many buys that? daily volume is 38000,
BRK-B is $205, avg daily volume is 5.15M.

See how AAPL made it split that improve liquidity and price.

AMZN and GOOGL has to split them. They will soon understand…

2 Likes

Amazon’s conference call is the worst I have listened to. Only the IR guy and CFO attended. It’s short and no overview at the beginning. Just straight to Q&A.

So it’s all just backward looking. No execs to give any guidance on where the company’s iniatives are. That’s partly why people freaked out over the higher investment number. Investing on what exactly? They just give some generic answer like AWS.

1 Like

Compared amazon’s call to netflix’s, where they bought out the last CFO just to say goodbye. :smile:

??? Ok maybe I should not buy Amzn after all… :dizzy_face:

1 Like

Isn’t that obvious? Amazon is a woman. You’re not.

Heard a guy on a podcast said that Amazon is the American tech company that’s closest in style to Chinese tech companies like BABA and 10c. He meant that Amazon doesn’t restrict itself to any one industry and doesn’t mind tackling completely new industry. That’s what being customer centric means: solves whatever problem your customer has.

Compare that to a design centric company like Apple. It designs beautiful things customers don’t even know they want. Apple then explains to you why you can’t live without the new things.

1 Like

May be a good business but we won’t be progressing. Customers only know problems that should have been resolved long ago.

You realize telling all in a public forum is literally handing your competition your playbook. You lose any competitive edge from surprise. While that might not be great for investor feelings, it’s smart strategy. Steve Jobs was famous for how little he’d allow disclosed.

Go up a lot , drop a little is not slump, just traders sell the news. Next week would be true direction.

1 Like

Next week, it will be like TSLA, you see how it goes.

1 Like

Jeff is now openly evil? Sell! Wait, got only 1, well, don’t buy.

Sell? I think AMZN has reached its pinnacle :slight_smile: Going forward, plenty of highly competent competition for e-commerce from established retailers such as WalMart, and for cloud computing infrastructure from Microsoft, and Google. Don’t quote past performance, people learn, businesses learn. People do get complacent/ cocky, businesses do likewise.

IMO, AMZN is still have some growth with current price, but I will sell AMZN in next 2 to 3 weeks with market.

Cloud infrastructure or ERP financials, once a customer migrates, it is difficult to move out. Those customers need to stay and pay for the service.

AMZN will have strong money power to buy/merge the cloud providers to survive for long. This is the benefit of higher cash access, esp for all cash rich tech stocks. Long term, AMZN is good.

Customers are not dumb. They will force and petition for interoperability.

Small nimble startups would disrupt the established incumbents, businesses that hang on to the old slowly improving platform will find their businesses get disrupted too.

I am not telling customers are dumb. Even with interoperability (which AWS is), customers moving away from reliable infrastructure is tough. It takes 3 to 12 months, depending on data, to migrate and it affects company operations.

No CEOs or CFOs ready to take such project in any operational environment as they have pressure to show quarter to quarter results. The cost benefit vs Risk is huge that may eventually result into their seat, this is very common to small, medium companies and startups.

I work on a few infrastructure/ platform migration :slight_smile: many decades ago :blush: Short term, can’t change much, medium term, can change a little, long term, anything go, businesses would migrate to a new web infrastructure/ platform. AWS is much better than the first generation of dumb web hosting. A new generation of web infrastructure/ platform should be much better than AWS.

These businesses would be disrupted and would be replaced by startups :slight_smile:

You see Samsung smart phone is cheaper than Apple iPhone for the same configuration. Then, why iPhone is selling?

There are many third party phones available in market, but only Samsung, iPhone are preferred by customers.

Why?

The marginal cost benefit will not be worth functionality !

Exactly same, either software or hardware, once quality, service is established and running fine, it is hard to move out.