Amazing Amazon

They belong to the same generation of smart phones :joy: I am not referring to product positioning of the same generation of products. The generation of handsets are: dumb >> feature >> smart.

Thinking aloud: Web hosting >> Web services >> Smart hosting?

Edit:

Web hosting >> Web services >> Cloud hosting >> Hybrid cloud?

Buy NTNX!

You are right, that is today’s “Cloud Hosting Environment” and AWS is king and leader…others are catching up.

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

So Amazon buys itself into the router market while Apple just folded its.

Apple is definitely past its prime.

Hype vs reality

Walmart outperforming Amazon

You know why? Because Bozos has turned into a goddamn playboy! :rage:

Worse he causes Kim Kardashian to be jealous of Silicone.

Notice the mention of Brazil, something WB also made a play in recently.

What so good about Brazil? Just happen to be the first letter of BRIC.

1 Like

Only invest into China. Ignore the rest.

Another reason to invest in amazon. The paid no taxes for 2018.

1 Like

Karma will come, don’t be the one who didn’t enjoy the gain but end up paying for the deed.

Sounds like the 365 stores…:

Cheaper than Whole Foods is not saying a lot. To this day I have not stepped into a Whole Foods store nor have I spent a single penny there online or via other food delivery apps.

You have been living in a cave? Or inside a well?

You wanna pay a premium for silicone? :thinking:

I was a cashier for Whole Foods for 4 years. I think it is a good company. They treat employees well. Even as a part timer, we had access to 401k matching, somewhat affordable insurance, and other employee benefits. For a bunch of slightly above minimum wage workers, I never saw anything crazy happen during my tenure and everyone was fairly professional.

The food from hot/cold bar is pretty good. I love their cheeses. There also are a lot of unique (albeit pricey) items to discover too.

The cafes and the craft beer bars inside the store can rival most standalone stores.

Many people do equate Whole Foods with whole paycheck since it’s so expensive. While it’s true to a certain extent, the problem I see is most people shop for what’s on their list instead of what’s on sale. Start with the sales and then build your meals around that. Most staples like milk, yogurt, eggs, etc are priced competitively.

(Excuse my rambling. I’m only running on a few hours of sleep.)

2 Likes

I always shop what’s on sale at grocery stores. General rule of thumb is for stuff not on sale go to Costco or Trader Joe’s.