Amazing Amazon

I only buy what’s on sale at trader joes or sprouts. I buy the rest at ranch 99 because its cheaper.

1 Like

Whole Foods’ shoppers are way hotter… :fire:

Don’t know what you are talking about. Trader Joe’s is never on sale.
Ranch 99 normal price is a ripoff. $20 for a small flimsy pack of hot pot meat. Are you kidding me?

99’s avocado is cheaper than TJ. Big fat ones selling for 79c each, compared to the 4-pack in TJ selling for 3.49 or something like that.

Did you not read my other thread? $2.99 for a bag of 6 at Trader Joe’s.

Did you not read my comment? I said “big fat ones”. It’s twice the size of the teeny tinny ones at TJ.

Please, I buy avocados at TJ every week. :roll_eyes:

That’s not twice the size. More like 1.5. So you buy avocados at Trader Joe’s even though it’s more expensive than Ranch 99? That contradicts your original statement.

It’s cheaper in 99 but I buy in TJ, why is there any contradiction?

1.5 size before you account for the core. Despite the small size they have the size cores as the big fat ones.

OK, I read some more about amazon’s grocery store plan. Seems they are going after TJ?

TJ is an extremely efficient store. It has a small selection but that’s a feature not a bug. I trust their selection and that cuts down my decision time. Also more than half is house brands and they must be killing it in profits.

1 Like

Because on perishable goods that are generally identical you’d pick the cheaper one as a savvy consumer. If you have to be selective on certain items I can say the same thing about other types of food. Ask Ranch 99 to beat Trader Joe’s $0.19 bananas.

Our most valuable resources is time. I buy my other stuff at TJ next to my gym. It makes zero sense to drive all the way to Daly City just to buy a couple avocados at 99.

Where do you get your Chinese groceries then? Chinatown?

I don’t buy any Chinese grocery. My wife does. And not at 99.

I do Chinese supermarkets and foodmaxx and smart and final. Food is almost too cheap.

I also get supplemented by food banks and donations… all my relatives keep giving us the more western food. No I don’t need more boxed polenta, canned tuna and fruits, and block cheese…

Food bank and rent collecting - tax dollars at work :+1:

According to @wuqijun, the meaner the company the better its stock.

1 Like

Not necessarily, it’s a case by case analysis :grin:

1 Like

There’s a reason some tech companies offer to freeze the eggs of female employees. Working in tech isn’t conducive to balancing a family life. That’s the trade off people make for the higher pay in tech. I don’t get why people don’t realize that. There are plenty of less demanding industries, and there’s a reason they pay less.