Amazon HQ2

Looks like Concord doesn’t have any money to contribute.

:frowning: yeah, I think it’s a long shot as well…

1 Like

As my wifey would say…no money, no honey

2 Likes

Austin announced it will throw its hat in the ring
Note: Your sincerely have rentals in NW Austin.

5. Estimated campus size is 8 million square feet
The new Amazon headquarters would fit comfortably in Northwest Austin in the mostly undeveloped Robinson Ranch tract, which is roughly 348,000,000-square-feet. The Apple Campus lies just outside of this tract.
44 AM
Austin was ranked the number one place to live by U.S. News and World Report in 2017

wuqijun - Move fast. Zip codes: 78759, 78758 and 78727.

2 Likes

Yes sir!

Austin has so much land that the upside on housing appreciation is limited. There is not even a bridge there to restrain traffic. I doubt price would increase dramatically if Amazon choose AUSTIN.

But I think AUSTIN could win the deal

Your best insight so far :cry: No state income tax and house prices don’t climb dramatically is ideal for rank n file :grin: Bonus strip clubs :sweat_smile: for singles, The Domain for clubbing & shopping, Arboretum for shopping :joy:, and outdoor activities for families :grin: For rich guys who want status, can buy in Steiner Ranch and West Lake Hills, enjoy the long drive.

wuqijun - 78759, 78758 and 78727 are matured estates of 30+ years but very large lot of 10,000+, if want new houses, need to go further away (about 15-20 mins away instead of 5-10 mins away) like 78613 (Cedar Park), 78660 (Pflugerville), the extremely popular 78717 (avery ranch and brushy creek) and round rock (where Dell is).

2 Likes

But where are they going to put all these people? Ever higher skyscrapers??? Come on, give the little guys a chance!!!

1 Like

Amazon can move into trump tower. Imagine what trump will do for bezos!!

NY sucks…if The Big Apple actually thinks it has a shot at this, the Fab 7x7 should also throw its hat in (without any freaking conditions or wants, like you better build a zillion affordable homes, etc)…

What if bezos wants SF middle schools to teach algebra again? No deal!!

1 Like

Two words for you: HOME SCHOOL

Bezos already given up on Americans. All 50,000 of those workers will be H1B holders from Chindia :rofl:

Isn’t Toronto a top contender? Is Canadian tax much worse than Seatlle or SF?

1 Like

Austin appears to be the choice unless other cities can offer far better deals especially on tax.

NYC has a vacant 8 million sqft place? If there is one, would Amazon pay peanuts for it or getting it free?

1 Like

I prefer Inchin :slight_smile: putting country first!

ch india has the full name of india, chic India you don’t like? in china means in China, and you like?

First doesn’t mean good :slight_smile: Apple doesn’t aim to be first to market :slight_smile:

No need to do that… going second is actually a modest way of saying you are actually better, as in “ladies and gentlemen”… oops I did not say that… wasn’t thinking… :rofl:

He is an indian, different culture, has to be direct and obvious. InChina is good :slight_smile: I like it.