Amazon HQ2

Buy buy buy!!

Doubtful. It’s not just Amazon. Google hasn’t even finished their buildings. Facebook is still hiring to fill out their building. Plus, I can lookup the number of Seattle hires after me and current Seattle employee count any time.

Hmmm

Amazon will split HQ2 into two cities, source tells WSJ

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/11/05/amazon-will-reportedly-create-two-new-headquarters-instead-of-one.html

2 Likes

HQ2 and HQ3?

CNBC’s Brian Sullivan earlier reported Amazon could split the proposed workforce and investments between Austin and Northern Virginia.

Damn… now I am under pressure to buy more FAST. No wonder those neighborhoods near The Domain becomes so VERY HOT. For the sake of disclosure, have already bought 2 SFHs in those neighborhoods, now I might have to speed up and buy buy buy 2-3 more SFHs before AMZN announcement.

1 Like

Amazon may announce this week. Buy today.

Tell them to delay for another month. I am not ready to buy more.
I have booked air ticket to Austin this weekend upon this news to scout more houses (I use to wait patiently for bargains and good layout but now any houses will do), so I really need AMZN to delay the announcement.

Any good Chinese restaurants in Austin?

None :disappointed_relieved: Cook yourself :joy: Some Chinese restaurants are very crowded, I think is because the food is cheap rather than is good.

My advice, learn to eat steak :slight_smile: Ribeye and T-bone are very good :slight_smile:

By splitting I think amazon means it will choose a couple DC suburbs, not just one in Virginia.

They would put one on the Maryland side too. That way they get 4 senators in their pocket instead of only 2.

You can move to Austin and open a Singaporean Chinese food chain. That’s your last chance to become a billionaire

Using intuition, one HQ near White House/Pentagon and one HQ panders to employees.
marcus said employees prefer Austin either in/ near DT or The Domain).

It doesn’t matter what employees want. All that matters is what the big boss wants.

You should view that as a business opportunity not a limitation. It’s not just Asians that eat Chinese food.

Open a BBQ strip joint. Way better money maker

Amazon close to deal to base second HQ in Long Island City, NY and Crystal City, Virginia-NYT - MarketWatch

I am sure there are legitimate reasons for doing two places but to me it is like settling on two wives (if one could) because you couldn’t find the perfect wive. Weak!!!

Finding skilled labor is proving to be a problem nationwide. The Wall Street Journal reported Monday that Amazon has scuttled its original plan to pick a single location for a second headquarters, opting instead to build two hubs, according to a person familiar with the matter. The move stems, in part, from Amazon’s need for talent—and lots of it—so increasing the number of locations will provide better access, the person said.

1 Like

I’m surprised Toronto isn’t one of the two then. It’s way easier to get visas and green cards in Canada. There’s just not enough tech talent in the US.

While I get that, you mean to tell me some cities on the list couldn’t have fulfilled that requirement reasonably well? Obviously, I am hinting Bay Area locals. Yes, we are too expensive and you do need a presence back East…